Chapter 2

The voice seemed extraordinarily cold and impersonal under the weak current interference.

Lin Han froze for a moment, but quickly regained his composure and continued to listen to the other party's previous recordings.

Regardless, there must've been some kind of danger.

Even though the ear-splitting noise of the mecha being cut was heard around him right after he gave his name, He YunTing's tone still didn't have a single ripple, echoing in the cockpit where Lin Han was alone, with a chilling air that could break his bones.

The other side didn't elaborate, as if they didn't intend to restore the situation to those who heard this recording, he only told the most important parts concisely.

"This isn't a simple Star Pirate sneak attack. Because there's no way they would have ended up self-destructing, with touch explosive bombs on the back of the battle armor. Their target was me."

Lin Han was then completely stunned, this was completely different from what he had imagined...

The Star Pirates were a group of poor criminals, roaming all day to do evil, much of the equipment was from robbing some small planets. If they had the back of their battle armor layered with touch explosives, then the front must have had powerful thrusters, only this way could they kill others by closing in in a short amount of time, even zero distance touch the moment the explosive was ejected — self-destruction, and then common destruction.

Why would the other side do this?

The Star Pirates generally didn't want to cross the regular imperial army, not to mention He YunTing personally, they certainly would take a different path, doing everything in their power to avoid the military.

Now the recording was saying that they were targeting He YunTing with a kamikaze attack?

But Lin Han didn't have time to think about this, after all, it was a touch explosive. If He YunTing was a little careless, then he would have...

But soon, he saw the right arm broken cleanly, and all of a sudden he understood in his heart.

And He YunTing's words also confirmed his suspicions.

"—I cut it myself."

Sure enough, Lin Han's thought was correct.

The right mechanical arm of M2742 was not done by anyone else, nor could it be done by anyone else; He YunTing cut it off by himself by manipulating the lightsaber of his left arm at the moment when it was touched by the explosive.

As for why Lin Han was so familiar with this system was entirely because he had been involved in it before and knew it like the back of his hand.

The recording that came through the data box didn't sound the slightest bit emotional, as if it was recounting a trivial matter that had nothing to do with itself — calm, indifferent, and even revealing some imperceptible arrogance.

"The speed was fast enough, so I ended up with only minor injuries."

Even if he said that, Lin Han could imagine how dangerous the moment was.

The mecha already had a self-protection system, and especially the mecha piloted by the General's class had done a very good job in this part. If it sensed that it would be organically damaged, it would first activate the strict pilot protection measures and cut off some of its functions.

He YunTing was able to regain control of the entire mecha through his mental power in a matter of seconds, and then without hesitation, he cut off his right arm with his lightsaber, which prevented a dangerous explosion.