Chapter 35

There was a long silence between the two men.

He YunTing seemed to use all the words he could think of, trying to help him with each of them. He really didn't have any other ideas, just saw that Lin Han was uncomfortable, and sincerely recounted to him what had once affected him as well, spread it out, and then told him his own understanding.

Lin Han's eyes felt a little teary. He knew He YunTing was just trying to comfort him, trying to tell him the meaning of existence, not talking about obscure love words.

But the universe was originally endlessly romantic.

When he was about to be overwhelmed by this unexplained sadness, He YunTing stood in front of him, using the simplest words, holding his hands, and fished his heart back up.

If the particles of the Milky Way — or the life and death of stars, would eventually become the cycle of the universe, then he and He YunTing may have known each other for a long time, they could be with each other embracing the dusty atmosphere of space, or they could be two distant stars looking at each other.

The dizziness faded away, but Lin Han was still a bit weak, so he simply kneeled down, looking at the starry sky outside the observation room window.

He YunTing was standing there looking at him, as if he was still worried about his condition, "Mr. Lin?"

Lin Han let out a "hmm", took a few deep breaths and tried to push the dizziness out of his head, "I'm better, I'm fine."

He YunTing pursed his lips, but his eyes didn't move away from Lin Han's body.

"I'm really better." Lin Han lightly hooked the corners of his lips, lowering his voice, since it was echoing in this small space, with a feathery texture, "I really wanted to be in a mecha before I entered the university."

He YunTing quietly listened.

"But not to mention the training like your base, I almost didn't even pass the entrance physical test," Lin Han laughed bitterly, "but I was determined, I squatted every day at the emperor military university mecha training room and fighting field over there to see. I wanted to see if there was a mecha I could drive, even one with the lowest level. At that time I still only needed one nutritional supplement a day, and I felt that I should be able to hold on even if my body held out. I didn't want to give up.

"The fighting room at Imperial Military University, I don't know if you still remember it, was full of a bunch of young and vigorous Alphas," Lin Han said, "sometimes there would be pheromones leaking out, and I couldn't stand it, but I couldn't be caught, so I had to secretly find a corner to watch every day. Then I finally waited for an opportunity — I waited for everyone to leave, and I was the only one left in there, and I wanted to try and go in."

He YunTing still stood close to Lin Han in silence, his back was the existence of billions of years of infinite galaxies.

Lin Han's eyelashes quivered as he looked at He YunTing and behind him, "I found a mecha that wasn't even mid-range, a four-to-one kind, when the cockpit wasn't as advanced as it is now, and many of the procedures and actions needed to be done manually. I was very confident at the time, after all, I had always been number one in theoretical knowledge, I could memorize all the operation patterns of complex procedures, and thought that such a simple mecha would be easy to navigate."

"Later..." Lin Han's voice trailed off, "I started the mecha, fired up the engine with ease... And that was the end of it. Except for those two, I couldn't even perform the most basic movements, and the mecha was driving me backwards and forwards — I tried to use my mental powers to steer it, but it still didn't work, I couldn't steer it at all, not in any way. But I didn't give up. I tried for ages in the middle of the night alone... In the end, it was still futile."