Chapter 41

What trade-offs to make, what decisions to make, he trusted him with those.

He YunTing didn't specify when he would return.

Lu AnHe put his legs together and gave He YunTing a military salute, "Yes, sir."

He knew the risks He YunTing was about to face, and he knew He YunTing's plan.

——Because in his plan, there was no consideration that he could make the leap in time. He would need to face five giant Zerg single-handedly, and while he was taking on the enemy, the battleship was retreating at full speed...

The mecha's speed was no match for a full-speed battleship, and it wasn't known yet how many Zerg were at the leap point. If there were few, then the battleship was quick to solve the problem and wouldn't wait in place for He YunTing, and would directly open the leap; if there were many, then after one P-1 type fusion particle beam cannon, this leap point would be directly damaged and making a leap from it would be impossible.

"Even if... Even if we can't make it, communications must not be broken," Lu AnHe said, "The support unit will be the first to make contact and get a location, hold on... It's going to be okay."

Lu AnHe looked down and repeated again, "It's going to be okay."

He didn't want to have to suffer again.

"Yeah." He YunTing simply responded. He YunTing spoke into his communicator. "All mecha in position, have the pilots come up to the top deck."

The next second, he opened the door of the captain's room.

He YunTing stood in the doorway, his voice still low and calm, never fearful, while behind him was the still dilapidated sky of yellow sand and the aggressive giant Zerg. Against the light, he shielded himself from the danger that was about to sweep over him, called out "Mr. Lin" and said, "Have you thought about it?"

In the brief silence, Lin Han hooked his lips very shallowly. Those horrible Zerg seemed less intimidating at the moment.

He took two steps forward and without hesitation, and grabbed He YunTing's hand that was holding the mecha key tightly — that was the action He YunTing wanted to do just now but couldn't complete, and the question he asked him before the Zerg appeared.

He asked He YunTing if he wanted to hold it.

Lin Han's voice was calm and gentle, "Let's go."

And in this moment, he heard the voice of He YunTing's heart that hadn't had time to change.

【No matter how you choose, I hope you will be safe.】

All the pilots were already standing by their mecha, making their final preparations.

He YunTing walked out of the captain's room step by step.

No one averted their eyes or spoke up.

They no longer wondered why Mr. Lin was walking to his mecha with the General, they only wanted everyone to be safe at this moment.

"Boss, take care." Lu AnHe said this time instead of calling his rank, he used the title he most often shouted.

He YunTing nodded very gently.

Lu AnHe turned his head again and looked at Lin Han with a somewhat strange look. Not like mourning, but like a kind of oiled, overwhelming relief and joy. "Mr. Lin, take care."

Lin Han didn't understand why Lu AnHe was showing such an expression, but still smiled at him to try to reassure him.

He YunTing walked to the heel of M2742, which turned around and frankly faced all the stares. He was tall and long, with a straight back, like a flag that would never fall.