Chapter 81

He YunTing stood straight in place with a frighteningly cold expression and no intention to open his mouth. It was Lu AnHe who saw it, and he, who was usually easy-going and cheerful, couldn't resist turning on the microphone and saying to Xu Zhiheng, "Professor Xu, what do you mean? What does the fact that he can speak prove?"

His tone was rare with anger, although He YunTing remained silent.

Instead, Xu Zhiheng gradually calmed down after the other's questioning. He had been in a ridiculous kind of benevolence in the past few days, and now, after calming down, he finally regained his old image of a gentle scholar. He didn't directly answer Lu AnHe's question and continued to speak to He YunTing, "Since I dare to say so, I must have full assurance."

He YunTing raised his eyebrows and didn't interrupt him.

"I know you're going to say something about A'Ze. But the reason for A'Ze's slow recovery is because he also happens to be an Omega. The gene enters from the gland, and A'Ze's high mental strength were the factors that caused him to be unable to get rid of the bug-like gene very easily."

The teenager greeted He YunTing and retreated step by step to Xu Zhiheng's side.

Xu Zhiheng looked at the teenager with a gentle look, and an overly benevolent tolerance.

"It's different with Betas." Xu Zhiheng said, "They don't have glands and their mental power is extremely mediocre. So, so—" Xu Zhiheng's voice rose here, "the problem becomes easy to solve. No need to repair the glands and rebuild the genes in the body like for A'Ze, we just need to turn the alien genes in their bodies into inert factors. No more deterioration, no more expression of Zerg habits, even if they can't recover like they were before, at least they can slowly restore their human qualities."

"But Professor Xu, even if you're right, even if you save this child, it's only one in a million." Lu AnHe said, "You can't save this planet that's still in deep water."

Who expected Xu Zhiheng to laugh a little?

"Not only this, but I have made another discovery during the day you weren't here. Do you remember how V Proton Star was infected? First a person, then a school, when a student had returned home and then returned to school, but the family members had an onset of the disease much worse than their own children. Until this community they were in began to have similar cases, they followed the genetic infection."

Xu Zhiheng spoke methodically, "What does this mean? It means that heterozygotes aren't necessarily spread after close contact. Of course, there's a large area of infection, so this symptom will appear in them, and naturally, it can't be done one by one by ulterior motives injected into it." This time he paused a little longer, "Perhaps you have heard that once on Earth, hundreds of years ago, there was an epidemic called 'cholera'. Of course we have no way of proving where the source came from, but V Proton's water supply is cyclical, brought in from underneath Chrisport and recycled through layers of treatment to other cities, with geographical highlands, and reusable water re-circulated until it is passed on to the next city...

"But the central city is different from the outer ring cities, it has its own new, independent water circulation — that's why the central city still functions, while all the cities flowing through the circulation system are infected. Therefore, it's pointless to cut off communication and network." Xu Zhiheng said, "The most important thing that should be cut off is precisely the supplies and water that they have failed to notice."

"I'm done." Xu Zhiheng opened his hands spontaneously, "I didn't touch any of the water sources in Licorro City during this day, so by definition, I have the possibility of being infected. Of course, if I'm infected, I'm an Omega, so the effect must be faster than for anyone present. I know everyone thinks I'm crazy, and I accept all penalties for leaving the team without permission. But I will develop more antigens in large quantities as soon as possible," Xu Zhiheng said frankly, "if you're still willing to take me back."