Chapter 73

The emergency dispatch of this team left from the berth after half an hour.

Qi Jiamu had to go back to the base for something, so Lin Han let him go first, saying that he would take his time to go back by public flying machine. The other looked a little hesitant, afraid that Lin Han might have an accident, but finally Lin Han persuaded him to leave first, so he asked Lin Han to maintain communication.

After all, the general public couldn't get close to the berth, and the sound of mecha landing and evacuation was heard all the time, from far away. It wasn't too noisy, and the residents nearby were used to it. So Lin Han couldn't tell which group was the ordinary mecha and which group was He YunTing's army.

Lin Han acted like he had come here to help Grr buy something, and carefully shopped around several stores, picking out a number of different things, and ordering a small felt ship for the little one to play with.

When he approached a pet supply store, the owner of the store was leaning leisurely with his legs crossed, watching a TV show. When he saw a customer coming, he sat up straight and asked Lin Han what he needed with a smile on his face.

Lin Han casually mentioned his needs, and the shopkeeper enthusiastically introduced him to several different kinds of snacks and staples, and couldn't help but glance at him while talking. Even though the man in the L Zone didn't recognize his clothes as those from the Institute, he could tell that they were from the core district at a glance.

Lin Han, who was already an attention-grabber, had a much better temperament than the rest of them, and was as polite and gentle as the celebrities he saw on TV. The store owner, who rarely saw people from over there, asked half enviously and half curiously, "The store can support virtual orders, so why did you make a special trip?"

Lin Han smiled lightly and said, "I came here by chance, so I bought some things for my little one."

The store owner learned that the one in his house was a Kudzuar — after all, there were only a few Oddbound creatures, and the envy in his eyes increased, "Then you can look at these small snacks in the store. It can eat and play with them and it will surely like it."

Lin Han was about to follow his recommendation to choose some things, when suddenly he felt a slight tremor from the ground, and quickly calmed down. The owner of the store was eager to explain, "This place is next to the mooring, and there are often mecha mooring or landing. It's normal, sir, don't be nervous."

"Mn." Lin Han responded politely and nodded his head, and his expression looked relaxed, except that his original casual selection became a little stiff, and his hand unconsciously grabbed the snack recommended for Grr.

The store owner didn't notice anything, still introducing products to Lin Han, then heard the white uniformed youth suddenly speak, "So from here to V Proton Star... about how far is it?"

"You mean the V Proton Star that just had an accident?" The owner of the store was very understanding, "In fact, I don't know the specific voyage since the berthing and sailing volume is very large. Even if I was born here, I didn't pay attention, only heard... it's about a day or so. V Proton Star is close after all, if it wasn't, they wouldn't ask the Empire for help." Soon there was another not-so-subtle jolt, and the boss smiled at Lin Han, "It's too far from our lives to care. Maybe this wave is headed for V Proton, don't you think?"

Lin Han's palms unconsciously began to ooze a fine sweat, squeezing the things in his hands, trying to say calmly, "...Mn."

Maybe he had set off now.

Mixed with a certain roar that he couldn't distinguish.

It wasn't until those noises stopped coming from the moorings for a short time that Lin Han walked out of the store with the things the boss had packed for him. He stood there in a daze. It was still early, since he had just come out of the Institute.