Chapter 56

Qi Jiamu tossed his helmet aside, perhaps knowing that He YunTing would be distrustful of him, taking each step slowly and gradually proving that he wasn't hostile — none of his guns seemed to be his own. Qi Jiamu pulled out every possible place where a weapon could be hidden, before spreading his hands and saying, "I'm the only one left."

The Oddbound creatures didn't expect a new human to emerge from the mecha, but this one didn't look quite as endearing as Lin Han, nor as cold and scary as He YunTing. So they didn't show any hostility, just continued to stare at him curiously.

"I can get Lieutenant Colonel Lu to testify." Qi Jiamu added, "I brought the communicator."

He YunTing waved his hand, "No need. I can trust you."

Lin Han was strangely relaxed when he saw it was him, probably because he'd had previous contact with Qi Jiamu, and he always thought Qi Jiamu was a good kid. Grr was poking around on his shoulder, as if he didn't quite understand what Qi Jiamu's arrival meant.

Lin Han suddenly had a very shallow sense of sadness, he rubbed the little one's head, and due to his physical weakness, he could only walk slowly to Qi Jiamu just as He YunTing was holding his hand.

"Mr. Lin." Qi Jiamu obviously froze for a moment when he saw Lin Han, not expecting him to be in this weak state. Qi Jiamu said in a low voice, "I'm late, it took me some time."

He YunTing didn't dwell on this issue with him, only asked, "How's the situation now?"

Qi Jiamu tensed up again, intending to report everything to He YunTing that happened these days.

Lin Han squeezed He YunTing's hand very gently. His professional nature wanted him to go to Qi Jiamu's mecha to check the situation, but he didn't say it.

Lin Han barely walked around these days, and after last night's experience it wasn't very good to continue to pretend that nothing had happened and let He YunTing carry him on his back. He YunTing seemed to understand Lin Han's meaning and without waiting for him to mention anything, he said "Wait a minute", and then slightly leaned over, waiting for Lin Han to climb up.

After all, there was still someone waiting, so even if he had issues, he should put them aside for now, Lin Han thought. So like for the past few days, he hooked his arms around He YunTing's neck and gently climbed on his back.

Qi Jiamu didn't expect to see such a scene, and unexpectedly glanced at He YunTing. In the end, he didn't say anything, just followed the two together to the mecha. Qi Jiamu's mecha unexpectedly didn't suffer too serious damage, and now they understood the current situation.

What Lu AnHe said was basically true, but the truth was a bit more serious than how he put it a few days before.

On the day of the Zerg raid, He YunTing held off the few remaining giant mechanical sandworms that were trying to get at the battleship, and the group was able to get away and re-march to the leap point.

Qi JiaZe still hissed in a bizarre gesture after failing to assassinate He YunTing and getting shot several times, and even tried to continue hurting others. Eventually, he was locked in his mecha by Qi Jiamu for an unknown amount of time before he barely calmed down.

After calming down Qi JiaZe, even if the battleship traveled to the leap point, the worrying thing still happened. There was really an ambush there.

Even though Ye Ling was careful enough, and deliberately avoided many unnecessary landing points, due to the excessive number of Zerg lurking at the leap point, it inevitably ended in an intense battle.

Leaving aside those normally well-trained sergeants, many of them came to this kind of place for the first time, so even if they had survived many harsh items in the first three rounds of the test, they hadn't been on a real battlefield. They didn't even have the opportunity to adapt, the fourth round of practical training hadn't even been able to properly finish, and already they were forced to throw themselves into the sudden battle.