Chapter 10

Before Lin Han could say anything, He YunTing continued, "If you feel offended or uncomfortable, just tell me."

His voice seemed different from his internal one a few minutes ago, and Lin Han even thought he almost heard a hint of caution and ingratiation.

Some Alphas would use pheromone suppression forcibly when an Omega was in heat, forcing the other to submit. But now it wasn't like that at all, the two weren't far apart and in the same room, and He YunTing didn't even look back.

A little bit of Alpha pheromone diffused up, soothing the capricious cells that were clamoring to get out of his body. Lin Han once thought that with an Alpha like He YunTing, his pheromone smell must be open and with a strong aggressiveness. Before, when he was still in school, there were two Alphas fighting over something trivial, one smelled like gunpowder, the other like rust, and when Lin Han was passing by his legs went soft, and almost couldn't walk back to the dormitory.

He YunTing's pheromone was different.

It was a subtle and sophisticated ebony fragrance, not heavy, with a mysterious murkiness and a sense of distance from his ascetic behavior.

He YunTing restrainedly released only a little and then stopped, so the smell of pheromone in the second cockpit wasn't overwhelming, just a little warm and soft woody aroma, mixed with an Omega's wisps of sweet fragrance.

"Thanks." Lin Han returned to his senses and spoke only after feeling his body's exhaustion lighten considerably, "I'm fine."

His meaning was quite clear.

In any case, one could not crave the smell of an Alpha with whom one had little chance with.

He YunTing listened and politely put the pheromone away.

It took a while before he himself calmed down.

He didn't know why he was so sensitive to an Omega's pheromone he had just seen a few times, and when Lin Han came over to enter data for him, he could hardly contain himself from moving his eyes to the soft back of his neck.

Fortunately, he was strong enough to let Lin Han into the second cockpit before he began to adjust himself.

Lin Han could only see that He YunTing's back was facing him, and after the other man put away the pheromone, they were both silent for a while before he spoke again, "Let's get started then."

"Just use your mental power to connect with the AI center as before," Lin Han said, "I'll... I'll do my best to help you."

Although he said that, Lin Han was still nervous.

He YunTing's voice came out of the headset again through the cockpit, "Don't be afraid. Just have a go in the repair room, it's not hard. Just listen to my command."

"Okay."

The smell of ebony in the second cockpit dissipated, and Lin Han stared at the screen in front of him, not letting go of any of the data.

Soon he saw all the systems belonging to He YunTing's cockpit activated, as the other used his uninjured arm to skillfully input commands. The highest hub belonging to the mecha activated under the drive of spiritual power, and a gentle mechanical female voice sounded in Lin Han's ears.

"Number M2742, ignition complete. Fuselage activated. AI hub on. First cockpit ready. Please instruct."

"Switching to second cockpit maneuvering," He YunTing said in a deep voice, "requesting interconnection with second cockpit."

"Interconnection with second cockpit in preparation. Please be ready."

"Lin Han," He YunTing called out to him in his voice, his tone still cold, but with an imperceptible lightness, "Take a deep breath."