Chapter 54

Lin Han's index finger, with its soft warmth, lightly swiped the corner of He YunTing's lips. He lost his mind-reading skills, but he was able to touch and self-interpret such emotions without interference at this moment.

In the past, even if He YunTing wanted to comfort him, because he didn't know how to make such an expression, he could only say "nothing" to him with his usual stern face. He YunTing himself didn't realize that he also had such emotions, and without Lin Han's reminder, he didn't even know that he was smiling.

He was stunned for a moment, and replied with a rare lack of confidence, "...I don't know."

Just like Lin Han once asked him if he liked him. He seemed to be so confident and conceited about everything, but wavered on the matters related to Lin Han. Lin Han withdrew his fingers and lifted his face a little from He YunTing's back, without saying anything more.

For a moment he wanted to move forward to see what He YunTing would look like when he smiled, but withdrew the idea for fear of embarrassing him.

The smile he couldn't see with his eyes could be touched with his fingers.

However, the two were still panting and puffing and imitating hard, even adhering to the indomitable spirit, not feeling any pain at all and planning to continue practicing imitation, not noticing the two people being imitated, one with a red face, the other with a smile at the corner of its mouth.

Until the two big guys failed three times, only to learn to give up, they finally called twice, Grr then jumped back onto the nose of one of them.

Although there was still no energy supply and M2742 was still just a cold tin, at least there was no fear of being swallowed by the swamp again, unable to be retrieved. The mecha was too big, and finally, not knowing what Grr had exchanged with its companions, a few kind creatures helped push M2742 forward some more, moving it to the back of some mound so that it wouldn't be attacked by the glare and harsh atmosphere all the time.

Lin Han didn't expect these rough-looking creatures to have such considerate thoughts, and with He YunTing's smile still resting on his fingertips, for a while, he felt emotional and warm.

He YunTing's sense of direction was good, and he wrote down the location of the mecha before following the Ruien race while carrying Lin Han on his back.

This time they walked for about an hour, during which a certain ThudThud seemed to be worried whether this weak-looking creature could follow them for such a long time, frequently turning back to observe and nudging its nose at He YunTing, as if to tell him and Lin Han — if they couldn't walk, they could also ride on their noses like that fur ball.

From the successful arrival here, Lin Han had been in a good mood, and even He YunTing was infected by him. Although the pace was still as serious and cold as in the base, the frost in his eyes melted some.

They led the two to a place where the ecology was even more lush than just now.

Although the ground here was still not quite flat, many strange-shaped stones scattered among them, there were some unknown animal carcasses formed by the stones. But there were obviously more trees here than before, so the climate wasn't as stuffy.

The most crucial thing was that there was a naturally formed stone cave here, and next to it was a water source that the two hadn't seen for a long time. Grr jumped off the nose of the ThudThud, waved his paws in mid-air, and with a proud gesture, flopped down into the water with precision.

The little black blob splashed in the water for a moment, then Grr purred a string of bubbles, poked its head out contentedly and looked at Lin Han and He YunTing. The ThudThud's began to slam their heads down with tons and tons of water, making gobbling noises in their throats.