Chapter 25

After seeing the current He YunTing, Lin Han's previous thoughts vanished into thin air.

——He began to think that he had just arrived at the base in the last couple of days and was bewildered. Probably because he was frequently reading He YunTing's mind, it made him also have a different attitude towards him, wanting to understand more, wanting to explore more.

He relied on the fact that he must be different in He YunTing, so he couldn't help but want to use this ability to explore something else.

Even though he knew that in the matter of reading minds, He YunTing didn't even have the right to refuse. He didn't think about whether he wanted to be probed by him, whether he was willing to talk to him.

People were inherently complex creatures, and even though everyone called for sincerity, they wouldn't reject the rose woven from lies and falsehoods.

But He YunTing didn't know this, he didn't even have the chance to lie — let alone remain honest, even though it was really hard for him to communicate with people. Lin Han adjusted his breathing in the quiet air, and all those irrational cells chilled.

When he looked into He YunTing's blue eyes again, he finally turned back into his sober self.

He YunTing had many different identities.

There were those Lin Han had faced, and those Lin Han knew nothing about.

He could be the one who was clumsy when facing him, or the one who swore loyalty to the Empire under the gaze of millions of admirers.

He could be someone who couldn't even dance but leapt at the chance to teach him, or he could be the cold-hearted leader who said 'no' on the base training ground.

He could be many, many different things.

But no matter which one he was, He YunTing was He YunTing.

He didn't need to be swayed by him, nor did he need to let him read minds. And the answer of whether he liked him or not was another topic.

Lin Han silently moved his gaze from the other's eyes, back to the wound. He had only one thought now. He only wanted to ask if his right shoulder injury was still painful.

After thinking about this, Lin Han's entire body was much more relaxed. He also finally returned to his old self. Lin Han didn't go any further, but only looked at He YunTing from a polite social distance. He asked again, "Does it hurt?"

He YunTing's hand movement froze.

After putting on his shirt, he got up again and took his jacket and put it on, until he was back to being the same as when he first met Lin Han, haughty and aloof, yet rejecting. He didn't need anyone to know about the injury, he was still the same radiant man.

"It's okay." This time He YunTing didn't say directly that it didn't hurt.

Lin Han was about to say that's good when he heard He YunTing add, "It's not very painful. The wound is much better. But the medicine has been changed, so Mr. Lin doesn't need to see it."

This sentence conveyed another potential meaning to Lin Han, and if the wound wasn't wrapped, he could even show it to Lin Han — He YunTing seemed to be eager to prove to Lin Han that he really didn't hurt very much.

Lin Han nodded his head, but inside he felt a little more guilty fiercely. He shouldn't have rashly asked the question of whether he liked him or not, let alone create those undefinable emotions after that. Even if he tried to use that hug during He YunTing's susceptible period as an excuse, there was no way to fully excuse himself.