Chapter 61

Lin Han quickly accepted this fact after sending Shen XiuNan away. He tidied the kitchen that He YunTing hadn't finished cleaning up, before habitually preparing Grr's lunch. He turned on the newscast for him, before returning to his room to work with the materials sent by Shen XiuNan.

Perhaps because his mental strength had been restored, he wasn't so tired when he started to work. After checking a new batch of mecha, he went back to the living room to see what the little one was doing.

He YunTing was still appearing frequently in the news, as if last night's company was like a beautiful dream that would be shattered at the first poke. Because it was daytime and Lin Han's place was near the Imperial Military University, there were many students passing by at the moment, so it was quite lively.

The place where He YunTing was standing was so ordinary that if he hadn't unintentionally glanced down, he would've missed it.

Lin Han looked at his hands, and his inner thoughts became clearer and clearer.

He heard a small sound coming from the living room, and turned his head to see that Grr had finished what he had prepared and was rolling into the container contentedly, his tail touching the edge with a crisp sound.

On the news, He YunTing's face was magnified several times, and several people sitting in the virtual studio were commenting on something.

Lin Han was worried that Grr was angry with He YunTing again, who had been here yesterday, and he was thinking of turning off the news first, as the little dumpling couldn't keep getting on He YunTing's nerves.

He just turned his head, but found that, strangely, Grr didn't show hostility to He YunTing on the TV, just played with its fur, its black bean eyes still staring at the screen, looking to be in a good mood. Lin Han walked over with some doubts, leaned down and spread his palm, letting Grr jump onto his hand.

The little guy was full of drink and food, so it yawned a little, ready to take a nap in Lin Han's hand comfortably. Lin Han hooked the corner of his mouth and asked in a small voice, "Don't you hate him the most?"

Grr blinked and hardly reacted, curling up like usual. When it understood what Lin Han was talking about, it suddenly started acting unnatural. It carefully tucked its limbs away, even curling its little tail, completely shrinking into a ball, and even began to avoid Lin Han's gaze.

"Why are you..." Lin Han didn't finish his sentence, like he understood something, and asked tentatively, "Did he say something to you yesterday?"

Grr, of course, didn't speak, just shrunk itself more into a ball, rolling in Lin Han's palm, as if refusing to answer the question. After another moment, Grr stretched out its limbs again and jumped at He YunTing's handsome face on the TV, all its fur drooping down, as if... it was apologizing.

The doubt in Lin Han's mind grew even more. He understood that Grr could understand what they said, but became a little lost due to the inability to communicate further. That meant that He YunTing must've said something to it...

Lin Han raised his hand and gently stroked Grr's fur, soothing it to sleep without asking any further questions. When he was completely well, he would make a trip to the base.

The reason He YunTing hurried back to the base without even saying goodbye was because the matter he asked Lu AnHe to check before finally came to light. During the time he and Lin Han were forced to stay in the border area, Lu AnHe was unable to go further because of his restricted movement, and only after he returned could he investigate deeper into his previous suspicions.

And two days ago, Xu Zhiheng finally found He YunTing privately and explained his intention to come. Xu Zhiheng actually had no very clear political stance, and in the end, still had a reputation in the academic world, and wasn't interested in a group of old men bickering all day around a certain matter. The main peacemaker Jiang Lian was his best friend, and it was only because of their arguments that further research on the Burning Blood Omega was prevented.