Chapter 3

"I'm not going." Lin Han blurted out with little hesitation.

"Why?!" Although he knew Lin Han would most likely refuse, Shen XiuNan couldn't help but be taken aback.

"I don't want to go, there's no point." This kind of occasion he had never liked very much. The people would be respectful and vague, apart from the noise and crowds and waste of time, there was no meaning.

Lin Han tilted his head slightly and reached out to squeeze the back of his neck which was a bit sore, "Or one of you can go instead of me."

After all, the driver's seat wasn't a suitable place to sleep, so it was still a bit uncomfortable after a night.

Lin Han rubbed his eyes, a few long, thick black eyelashes rubbed on his fingers, he unconsciously stopped for a few seconds. He had low blood sugar and was in a trance, almost unable to stand.

Shen XiuNan was still gnashing his teeth, "Only you! Only you can go! Although it doesn't say your name, the one who is invited is the Imperial Mecha Institute's Core Mecha Designer. If that's not you, then who else?"

Hearing that, Lin Han recalled the cold and arrogant voice from last night for no reason. He walked to the cabin door and took the invitation, and it said the following:

"Inviting the Imperial Mecha Institute's Core Mecha Designer... " Lin Han read out word by word.

"Yes, yes, yes, that's you, that's you!"

But this invitation didn't affect him, so he refused, "Don't want to go."

Shen XiuNan was about to kneel down to him, "Do you know how many people want to go and meet the General?! His triumphs are very low-key, and it's not easy to finally have a celebration feast, but they never invite too many people, so this opportunity is a once-in-a-lifetime... Hey, say something! You can at least open it to see!"

Lin Han complied and opened the delicate envelope sealed with fire lacquer and took out the letter paper with a faint ink fragrance inside.

"I hope you will enjoy your time and come to congratulate us on our triumph."

The line was in print, and Lin Han looked down and saw a short handwritten signature, He. The black handwriting was strong and pale, the last stroke annihilated a little, out of focus into a small dot in Lin Han's not yet fully awake vision.

Lin Han raised his eyes to look at Shen XiuNan and put the letter away again.

His originally somewhat firm idea wavered slightly as he asked, "Did the General personally invite me?"

Shen XiuNan was still immersed in the sadness of not being able to go even though he wanted to, and the only person who could was rejecting the invite, chattering, "You can't explain if you don't go, and His Majesty the Emperor is... waiting, yes! It was the General himself who invited you!"

Lin Han gently rubbed his index finger on the paper prongs of the square envelope, a fine itch coming through his gloves, his movements idle and relaxed.

Shen XiuNan said, "I swear! When I came to work, it was handed to me personally by the General's adjutant, with a particularly nice attitude, saying that their General was sincerely inviting you..."

"Oh." Lin Han curved the corners of his mouth, nodded, and gave a short response. He placed the envelope on the pilot's seat, which he had pillowed all night, stepped out of the hatch, joined Shen XiuNan on the elevator, and moved it back to the ground.

Shen XiuNan was a little confused by him, "Lin Han, where are you going? No, you really have to go! Otherwise you can't account for it!"

Lin Han came down from the elevator, "I'm going to go wash up and to get nutrients. I have no energy."