Chapter 53

It was a border, because they were stuck right behind the foggy swamp, and the mecha was unable to stop steadily because it was out of energy. The flowing fog could pull M2742 backwards at any moment, and if that happened, their mecha could be swallowed up with the weapons and end up in this strange swamp.

But the problem was, the only one who had any strength was He YunTing, and he alone couldn't move this big iron shell in the slightest. Lin Han also ambled on his back, and the two stopped together. After understanding the situation, Lin Han also found himself confused.

The environment they were in now wasn't the same as before. The Oddbound galaxy varied according to the region, the Oddbound creatures weren't the same, and the geological environment was also very different.

But now they have said goodbye to the endless yellow sand, except behind them was still a thick swamp of fog that would swallow everything, but the ecology was much better than in the border area.

The ground underneath wasn't too flat, but green plants and rolling hills could be seen. Although they didn't find a water source yet, the temperature wasn't as suffocating as before because of the green plants. Although it was still not comparable to the main planet of the Empire, for the two of them, it was already very good.

"This side should be considered the north." He YunTing explained to Lin Han, "The creatures that move in the north are basically milder and won't hurt people."

Lin Han actually wanted to try to get down and walk, but his body really had no strength. He was worried that if he did that he would fall to the ground with weak legs after a few steps. He was repeatedly tossing and turning this thought, and resigned himself to fate and let He YunTing keep carrying him.

Anyway, he now had some other thoughts in mind. He didn't know when the two of them would actually be able to return, but at least here, they had an absolute sense of bonding. Even though neither had said anything, neither had crossed the line, they were still more than a little ambiguous than their normal relationship.

So that's good, Lin Han thought. They were both unique now.

"So... We succeeded?" Lin Han asked.

At least they didn't remain in the barren yellow sands of the borderlands, but stopped in a relatively ecologically sound place.

"Sort of." He YunTing said coldly, "But the mecha is a problem."

Lin Han looked at M2742, whose energy had been completely depleted. Only a few dozen meters further forward was needed to avoid being swallowed by the foggy swamp behind them. But these tens of meters were a distance that was simply impossible for them to complete.

Lin Han lost his head again.

"There's no other way, is there?" It could be only left here.

He YunTing didn't say anything.

Lin Han's hands around He YunTing's neck tightened and he gathered his emotions and tried to speak in a relaxed tone, "Then let's go there first. There's always a way."

He YunTing didn't say anything, but Lin Han knew he had listened.

As the mecha stopped and Grr finally woke up a bit, Lin Han called its name and said, "You're home."

The other didn't seem to understand him at first, and its little eyes opened in a daze. First it arched habitually into Lin Han's neck, found that He YunTing's back was turned and he couldn't see his face, so it simply rolled twice and grabbed Lin Han's collar with its paws.

"You're home." Lin Han patiently repeated, "Do you remember the way?"

Only then did Grr understand Lin Han's words, and its bean eyes fiercely opened wide, observing everything in front of it. Soon, its fur stood up in excitement at the sight in front of it. For the first time, instead of sticking to Lin Han, Grr jumped off of him with agility and spun around on the ground.