Chapter 42

Vertical pupils.

That was a typical characteristic of the Zerg. He didn't know what Qi JiaZe had been through during this time, whether his brother knew about it, and most importantly, how such an Omega had gotten on the ship.

Lin Han's body was flushed with a chill, but he forced himself not to avert his eyes, watching every move on the battleship in the time that was left. He saw Qi JiaZe's arms and right leg had three more bullet holes from He YunTing's gun drawn earlier that were still bleeding.

Even the smell of smoke hadn't dissipated, and Qi JiaZe, as if feeling no pain, carelessly continued to struggle.

Qi Jiamu called his nickname while trying to pray that Lu AnHe, who had repositioned his gun in front of Qi JiaZe's forehead, wouldn't pull the trigger.

The mecha isolated the sound from the battleship, so Lin Han only saw Wen TianYao's face full of shock, as well as a subtle expression from Xi Yuan.

He saw Qi Jiamu's hands clasped very tightly, Lu AnHe moved his lips with a serious expression as if he was saying something.

He saw the Omega who was trying to attack He YunTing finally calm down under his brother's reassurance, but still trembling and muttering something under his breath.

He saw the Zerg not far away seemingly become excited, the two sand worms at the head raised their tentacles and accelerated the speed of crawling on their foot limbs.

He saw their approaching heights, the yellow sand brushing the cockpit, and the sky turning scarlet. It was like a grand and cruel foretaste.

The battleship retreated at full speed, and soon Lin Han couldn't even see the iconic railing above. He could only see He YunTing's broad back and steady breathing. It was such a critical time that He YunTing only had time to fish him out, and both of them were still in the first cockpit.

Lin Han wanted to tell He YunTing about the vertical pupil, but he didn't want to distract him. The point, of course, was that he couldn't fly the mecha as perfectly as the best pilots, and he was afraid of becoming a burden.

He YunTing raised the mecha to a certain altitude and then turned on the operating systems one by one. A mechanical system tone came from the mecha's AI.

"M2742 had reached the appropriate altitude, full aircraft self-test completed. The current mecha outside environment detection is level D, please pay attention to protection, and choose to open the mecha cabin."

"Open the first cockpit."

"Mr. Lin, don't be afraid, you don't need to pilot." He YunTing said to Lin Han looking sideways while piloting, "But it might be tough later. Can you hold on?"

After all, in a real fight there were countless crashes and flight, so, needless to say, constantly changing positions and a constant source of weightlessness were unavoidable.

"General, don't mind me. I can do what I did last time... Go to the second cockpit." Lin Han's voice was a bit apologetic, "But last time, after all, it was the General who instructed me, so I may not be able to pilot well now."

"Okay." He YunTing responded quickly, "Mr. Lin doesn't need to drive, just protect yourself. The second cockpit has supporting equipment, don't worry."

Lin Han answered and walked towards the second cockpit, and when he was about to leave, he heard He YunTing say in a very low voice, not knowing if he was talking to himself, "After all, it was my personal wish to let you come."

Lin Han froze for a moment, wanting to say: no, he wanted to come voluntarily. He couldn't imagine how He YunTing would face these behemoths by himself. This was also his own selfishness. Lin Han didn't answer, but obediently went to the second cockpit, sat in the pilot's seat, and put on his helmet.