Chapter 67

Xu Zhiheng wasn't surprised that they appeared here, and when he saw them, he greeted them in turn, "Originally, I was afraid of disturbing you, so I planned to come by myself, sorry."

Lin Han also bowed towards him, "Professor Xu."

Lu AnHe was a little more concerned about this matter and didn't beat around the bush, "Professor Xu, you know him?"

Xu Zhiheng didn't deny it, and nodded, his voice lowered, "I count him as... half a relative."

The matter wasn't complicated, Ji Meng cared more about others than himself, hardly mentioning his own affairs. The military school management was strict, after passing the political examination and contact with relatives was less, he himself didn't say, so not many people knew.

Lu AnHe obviously stiffened, "Are you the one he talked about...? But he doesn't have parents of his own."

"When I first started working, for personal reasons, I spent a short period of time in the civilian area." Xu Zhiheng said, with an obvious helplessness in his tone, "I picked him up at that time. I'm not really interested in children, not to mention that even if I left him alone, he should've been able to grow up well."

The difference between the rich and the poor was drastic. The Omegas in the civilian areas and the rich areas were almost two kinds of creatures, one surviving on their bodies and pheromones, the other being meticulously preserved and cared for, like a fine and wonderful work of art.

The affirmative action movement had slightly alleviated this situation, but the idea could never be eliminated all at once. So there were still a lot of Omegas that would make a living by submitting their coveted bodies to random Alphas. Some Alphas had no quality or no sense of responsibility, and simply didn't know what pity was, and even recklessly knotted these Omegas — as long as they were not completely marked, then they could always find more.

Later the House began to revise various measures to remedy the situation, and new life was, after all, the most valuable, regardless of the nobility.

So the welfare protection for the newborn babies was getting better and better, and some Omegas couldn't support themselves, they would hand over the child to the welfare agency to raise it uniformly, and eventually become the fresh blood of the country again.

"But I didn't end up sending him there. Maybe because I was studying life sciences," Xu Zhiheng recalled, "or maybe his eyes were so bright at the time that I simply couldn't leave him alone. ——Even I didn't have that ability myself."

When Xu Zhiheng talked about the past, his eyes held a little melancholy, as if no matter how long had passed, these things would always be engraved in his heart, reaching out to brush away the dust covered by time, as all the memories came back.

Originally, in this era of the second gender, the reason for the strong kinship was often genetic and pheromone inheritance and heredity, and an Omega wanting to raise a child on their own was bound to get more strange looks and non-committal relationships.

"But Xiao Meng was really obedient," Xu Zhiheng said, "He was the most obedient child I've ever seen. I raised him for fifteen years." He sighed, "I hadn't raised a child before. so I wanted to meet whatever he wanted. He said he liked cranberry flowers, and I couldn't find them, so I made them for him myself; he didn't like my profession, I didn't force him; he said he wanted to have a mecha and be a soldier in the future, I never stopped him. He called me dad and said he was happy every day. It's just that... I still hid my relationship with him from the public."

The several people were quiet.

In fact, Xu Zhiheng couldn't be faulted for doing so, even in the academic world, after the hierarchy was divided, the upper class people weren't interested in such stories of celibate Omega raising children, they would only speculate if Xu Zhiheng had any stories before and could use it as a topic during tea.