Chapter 50

He YunTing let him hold his hand, not telling him to stop. This fact didn't surprise Lin Han for long, but when he finally let go of He YunTing's hand, the smile on his face was a little forced.

He YunTing, who has always been emotionally slow, but always able to catch the different emotions at such times, hesitated for a moment and said, "I'll be back soon."

Lin Han raised his eyes to look at him, only to feel that his eyes were sore, not because he did not believe in He YunTing's words, but because he understood the weight of He YunTing's promise. He felt even more that his grief was vast and endless, and that he felt like completely worthless in this world.

But he was still willing to protect him, telling him, 'Don't worry,' and 'Trust me.'

He YunTing still felt the warmth of the other's fingertips in his hand, and seeing him still frozen, He YunTing easily recalled the quiet hug from Lin Han when the accident occured with Ji Meng.

Perhaps the previous night's stolen kiss wasn't discovered so he was lucky, or perhaps Lin Han's eyes made his heart soften and beat faster. He YunTing couldn't tell which thought was at work, but still reached out a moment later and swept the person in front of him into his arms. He wondered if Mr. Lin would mind — if he did, he would push him away, however, he just couldn't control himself from doing it.

Except for the time when he wasn't really awake during his susceptibility period, and unlike the time when he was marked and thirsty, this time it was He YunTing who chose to embrace him of his own accord.

Unlike Lin Han's hug, he coaxed He YunTing to lean down before pulling him into a hug. This time, He YunTing easily pressed Lin Han into his arms, but didn't dare to force him, he only gently embraced him.

For the first time, he found that whether Lin Han was an ordinary Omega or the best mecha designer in the Empire, it didn't seem to make any difference at this moment. The other man was so fragile, as if the slightest force could crush him.

He YunTing was actually not so concerned about his own second gender, pheromone and spiritual power were just to make them more dedicated to the Empire. As for Omegas, he had seen only a few of them, and barely had any concept of the gender.

He knew that people of this gender were delicate, unable to do many jobs, and even many years ago, when Omegas weren't given equal rights yet, they were just a tool, their bodies and pheromones used to commit crimes, but they couldn't control their own lives. They were glassware for the pleasure of others, canaries kept by the dignitaries, a gender that could barely survive on its own.

He YunTing had been in the military for so long that some of the things that were often on people's minds became dispensable when placed on him, like an Omega. He had thought his entire life would be dedicated to the galaxy, and that loneliness was his destiny.

As for the Galactic Exhibition Hall, which Lu AnHe had mentioned once — He YunTing knew about the place, but had little concrete memory of it. And the thing that was so rare and precious to him that he needed to deposit it for a lifetime, he couldn't think of one at all.

But he now had one hand on the back of Lin Han's head, the other carefully embracing the other's light, soft and lean body.

He was an Omega, but more than just an Omega.

From the first time they met, he was different from everyone else, even after the mark, the lust and the heartache he felt for him, perhaps wasn't just a mere biological attraction. But this was a question He YunTing couldn't figure out right now, and he didn't have the time to continue to think about it in detail.

In one moment he wanted to hold the other like this, but in the next moment, he knew with a clear consciousness that he had things to do and they couldn't meet their end here.