Chapter 11

Lu AnHe, after waiting for He YunTing to come out, unexpectedly didn't say a word, but only asked if there were 'no problems with the mental power operating system,' after He YunTing nodded his head, he asked no more questions.

In the mecha, probably because He YunTing's pheromone was really effective, Lin Han continued to stay in the cockpit alone to work.

Since his gloves isolated his mind reading, Lin Han also didn't think about what the General was thinking at that time. He immersed himself back into his work, so that his mind could slowly quiet down.

Mind reading is not a good ability, Lin Han thought. If he hadn't taken off his gloves that night and heard He YunTing's mind, he might have been a little more willing to get closer to the General.

Lin Han was lost in thought as he removed the sixth piece.

When he got busy, he lost track of time, not to mention that the rest of the Institute was still in shock from the General's visit until Shen XiuNan, worried that he had slept overnight in the repair room again, came looking for him.

When Shen XiuNan entered, Lin Han was re-editing the operating system in the mecha, and the automated repair machines were humming along, fixing little by little what didn't require manual attention.

Lin Han smiled and explained that the General had been here to test the mental power system, and that he was working really hard to get the mecha operational as soon as possible.

Shen XiuNan had no choice but to tell him to remember to use nutrients and suppressants on time, and when he was about to leave, he looked up at Lin Han, who was measuring the data, and said with a frown, "I think you're in good spirits today."

Lin Han said, "Am I?"

"Yes, think about how long you've been in the repair room." Shen XiuNan said, "...Are you really in heat? I'm even going to suspect that what you took wasn't a suppressant, but a stimulant."

Lin Han looked at the other helplessly, "No, really."

Shen XiuNan thought about it and finally came up with a possible answer, "Could it be that the General just came to you, so you were so excited that you ignored your fatigue and continued working?"

Lin Han, "..."

How was that possible?

But since something happened between them, he wasn't going to tell Shen XiuNan about it.

Putting aside the thought of marking him, the General might be a really nice guy, but he was really dull and uninteresting, and didn't look like he was on the same page as anyone.

Lin Han sent Shen XiuNan away and went back to his research.

The reason he was the best mecha designer in the academy was that, in addition to his superior grades, his mental strength was also a factor. In this area of design and manufacturing, the higher the mental strength, the more favored the mecha master was. Mecha were also graded, with the average B or C grade mecha only needing to be approved by the academy for design, and then could be mass produced by the mecha manufacturing department for simple, indiscriminate patrol operations by ordinary soldiers.

In the empire, mecha generally relied on mental strength, and all three genders had varying degrees of mental strength, so a mass-produced mecha could be used by almost any gender with less mental strength.

Of course, driving such a top-of-the-line mecha also required a higher level of mental strength and control, otherwise it couldn't be activated or it may cause problems later.

Lin Han was involved in the design of many models, from mass-produced ones for front-line soldiers to exclusive mecha like He YunTing's or Lu AnHe's, which required a bit of careful study and design, and then countless tests and adjustments before one could have one of these.