Chapter 9

There was an eerie silence.

If Lt. Col. Lu had known that his boss would be in such a situation after he came in, then he would never have deliberately found a reason to stay outside. The scene needed his lubrication. Unfortunately, he wasn't there.

So without the help of Lu AnHe, General He and Lin Han looked at each other in silence for a long time, not knowing what the other meant, but the only thing that finally came out was, "Mn."

Lin Han actually knew that this wasn't appropriate.

But what he read when he touched He YunTing's hand twice made him wary, in case the other really had such thoughts about him, he was an Omega and now weaker than ever, he had no chance of winning.

Lin Han continued to keep his distance from He YunTing and started to talk about business, "Lt. Col Lu told me that I needed to destroy your sample at the first opportunity and had planned to come to you in a few days to get it..."

He didn't expect him to come to him so quickly. Lin Han was surprised and felt a little guilty. He was just a mecha repairer, so there was no reason for the General to come himself.

"I couldn't wait that long." He YunTing spoke, "So I came to help you."

"Okay." Lin Han said, and in the meantime operated the elevator to move in front of He YunTing, "General please. You can go up first, I'll be right there."

Lin Han saw He YunTing's lips open very lightly, as if he said something, and he was a bit far away from him... but didn't hear it clearly.

"General, what did you say? I couldn't hear you." Lin Han didn't look at He YunTing when he said this, as if he felt sorry for asking the general to say it again when he had clearly asked him to be farther away.

After all, He YunTing was here to help him.

Lin Han finally took the initiative to take two steps forward, "Since you're here in person, please forgive me for the poor hospitality."

He YunTing's face was neither happy nor angry, but his blue pupils still stared at him.

"General, what did you say?" Lin Han repeated.

He YunTing's voice wasn't quiet this time. Not only was it not quiet, it was also blunt, "Are you in heat?"

Lin Han, who had just decided to treat General politely out of guilt, "......"

"...Yes." Originally, he didn't want him to know the reason for the distance, but didn't expect to hit the mark.

So...

Where exactly did the Imperial General's smell cells grow? Lin Han was deep in thought.

He was still thinking about how to respond when he heard He YunTing say, "Should I go back?"

When Han YunTing spoke, his body also became restrained and took a polite step back.

Lin Han was then a little surprised.

The first time he met with him, the General's inner words were surprising, and even if He YunTing's thoughts at that time were really unconscious and even he didn't react to them, it was at least proof that he must have positive feelings towards him.

And an Alpha faced with the estrus of a favored Omega, and even smelled a hint of pheromone, his face was unchanged, and he had the extremely strong determination to retreat?

Lin Han had mixed feelings, not knowing whether to question his ability to read minds or lament the General's amazing determination. But no matter what, at least the crisis in front of him was lifted. After all, He YunTing came this time with good intentions.