Chapter 93

Lin Han actually didn't know how long it would take for the other to discover the program, and had also envisioned whether he should first inform Lu AnHe, and let He YunTing start the inspection himself. But he finally refrained from saying anything and waited quietly — he thought in a rare moment of pretentiousness that such times should be the same as usual, waiting for the other side to find out, if he hinted at it, the last surprise would have a lesser effect.

After all, Xu Zhiheng's response was more important than this.

He didn't know what kind of mentality the other had to wait until now to speak, but on the other hand, it didn't seem like a bad thing. Xu Zhiheng's status in the Empire was higher than before, if he was only an academic leader in the life sciences, he was now known throughout the Empire as the one who saved V Proton Star.

Now he was asked to clarify for He Yunting, or apologize in such a way that no one had ever imagined, and to explain all the comments that had been made against He Yunting, which was much more effective than a direct defense.

If it were him, he wouldn't have cared, but when the target changed, he couldn't help but pay attention to the attitude of those who claimed to be 'righteous' after Xu Zhiheng said these words. What he didn't expect was that Xu Zhiheng lowered all his stature and posture and got an unexpectedly good result. Perhaps because the other party's apology was so sincere, people decided to 'forgive' the General and choose to reconcile with the previous 'blame.'

However, Xu Zhiheng's image in the hearts of the people of the Empire wasn't lowered because of this apology, instead, people began to change their outlook, understanding Xu Zhiheng's hesitation and wavering, and admiring his courage to finally decide to tell the truth. After all, not everyone could be honest with themselves after experiencing the glory of being praised to the sky.

According to the rules, there was nothing wrong with He YunTing's decision, and Xu Zhiheng was the one who made the mistake. He acted seriously by being emotional and leaving the mecha without permission, but it was because of this move that he found a solution to the problem.

The citizen's couldn't bear to blame him. In the face of a disaster that no one had experienced, a chain reaction caused by an accident that shouldn't have happened eventually turned things around, and this accident shouldn't be censored rigidly.

In any case, things weren't going in a bad direction.

Lin Han slept more soundly than usual that night, and even had a rare dream.

It was as if he had returned to the day when he stood by the central statue, when those who didn't know the truth no longer blindly blamed the people in the mecha, when He YunTing was still the admired young general, when he had triumphed on V Proton, and when, despite the deaths, the outcome wasn't too bad. And while passing by Lin Han, M2742 stopped in front of him for a brief moment, and they would look at each other through the metal shell, without saying anything, and that alone would be enough.

Grr would also jump onto his shoulder and turn around in disgust at the large iron shell it once hated, revealing its short tail.

He should have such nice dreams every night.

The day after returning M2742 to the base, Lin Han didn't clock in early like the previous days, nor did he run to the repair room anymore. He even finished his share of work early and went back to the office to rest.

The workaholic disappeared again.

What was this, did they get back together?

His colleagues were puzzled by the change. A few days ago the plot had advanced that Lin Han had broken up with his Alpha and turned back into a workaholic. Unfortunately, the expressions of the people involved really couldn't be seen, and Shen XiuNan, the only one who had a better relationship with him, couldn't ask anything.