Chapter 31

The third round of selection continued.

Lin Han gradually adapted to the life of the base, using nutrients at regular intervals every day, working peacefully, and continuing to work on the new mecha design at the research institute when he wasn't busy, gradually getting used to the routine. Since most of the third round missions required Lin Han to keep an eye on the training field, he ended up becoming familiar with the soldiers even though he hardly talked to them about anything other than work.

Lin Han was staring at the mecha in the training field.

He had heard by chance that He YunTing's earliest days had been like this, and that his performance at that time was still unsurpassed by anyone today, when the training was much more brutal than it was now, but he had persevered as the first, and finally entered the elite team directly... How he finally moved up all the way to his current position was another story.

What kind of person was he then?

Was he the same as now? Or, was he very different?

People were eliminated every day, and were mecha damaged every day, and every day, points were being deducted from soldiers for a variety of reasons... Lin Han sometimes felt that the system was too harsh when he watched the soldiers train, not to mention that after the third round, there was the most uncertain and cruel fourth round.

Lin Han heard that the fourth round was a practical exercise, but the most crucial thing was that the location was no longer limited to the base. They directly threw these pilots who passed the third round into the vast interstellar for the final grind.

Even if the base tried to ensure their safety, no one could predict what would happen — Star Pirates, Zerg, and all kinds of strange mutant creatures... In this interstellar world, resources were always the biggest conflict, and in the gap between planets, those gray areas that couldn't be classified, often bred unpredictable dangers.

Usually in the fourth round, the special experts would stay on the warship or command center, in order to ensure the safety of the general tendency to remote guidance. There was even one year, when a particular mecha division directly applied not to participate in the fourth round of practical training, which was approved in the end.

But it was still the third round, and Lin Han didn't think that far ahead for the time being.

Moreover, it was also an exercise, although there was danger, over the years there hadn't been any major incidents.

At that moment, his communicator rang.

Lin Han finished his day's work and just came out of the training ground when he met Qi Jiamu, who had been topping the list for this selection.

"Hello, Mr. Lin." Qi Jiamu smiled at Lin Han, "It's been a hard day for you too."

His features didn't look sharp, and it was dinner time, training was over, so everyone was still recuperating, and Qi Jiamu's expression had a sunny teenage look when he relaxed. He greeted Lin Han politely, after all, he was the one who troubled Lin Han the most recently in the third round.

Lin Han looked at his young face.

In the past few days, Qi Jiamu's mecha was always malfunctioning, either because of a malfunctioning internal program or an abnormal mental link, so Lin Han spent half of his work time helping Qi Jiamu debug his mecha.

In fact, his training performance had been very good, with few mistakes — but probably because he was the most outstanding, in private, he had also become the target of many new recruits' displeasure. The suppression and clutching was everywhere, and such excellent people would be either supported or be turned on and bullied by a handful of others.