Caleb→Best Friends

I was sitting in my living room doing my homework and I heard a knock on the door.
I went to open it and it was my best friend, Caleb.
"Hey Caleb, what's up?"
"Can I come in?" he seemed angry and annoyed.
"Of course," I moved and let him in.
He sat on the couch and I sat beside him.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"No," he sighed.
"Do you wanna talk about it?"
"Hanna and I got in a fight," he rested his face in his hands.
I patted him on the shoulder, letting him tell me about it.
"She has been acting really weird around me, she is always doing things behind my back, and when I come and offer to help her she says she doesn't need my help and she leaves."
"I love her (Y/N), and I can't just let her go like this. She needs my help with everything going on in her life."
"Caleb," I said, resting my hand on his arm.
"You have to understand that she's going through a lot and she can't risk the one she loves the most. She thinks that by doing things on her own it will keep you safe."
"But there are some times that I have to step up and if I do it without tell her, she gets mad and doesn't talk to me."
I could see anger, sadness, and fear in his eyes and tone.
"Hey Caleb, it's going to be alright. She needs some time alone to figure out what the right thing to do is. Don't bother her, but don't also ignore her. Just send her a text everyday asking about how she is and show her that you care about her no matter what. Eventually she will learn to do the right things and everything will be back to normal."
He took a deep breath and moved his hand through his hair and laid back at my couch.
We didn't say anything for a couple of minutes.
"You're right, (Y/N)," he spoke up.
I smiled.
"Thank you so much for comforting me and advising me. I don't know what I'd do without you," he gave me a hug and I hugged back.
"That's what best friends are for," I smiled.
He wanted to leave but I suggested that he should stay to help me with my homework and I'll order pizza.
He did and we enjoyed the afternoon.
-
credit to pllandunicorns on Tumblr