Toby→Innocent Until Proven Guilty

"The number you have dialed is currently unavailable. Please hang up and try again."

That was the eighth time I'd gotten that message in the last two hours. I wasn't sure if he turned off his phone or was strictly avoiding me, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was both. But either way I was starting to run low on the limited amount of patience I already had and sadly the phone was only one of the many problems that I had to deal with.

There was a small crowd of people outside trying to get an interview about the incident that happened last night at homecoming. Everyone in Rosewood was just itching to know what exactly happened with Toby. But since he was currently missing we (Emily, Spencer, Hanna, Aria, and I) have been getting bombarded with questions every time someone got the chance to ask and if they weren't asking questions they were sending dirty looks or talking about us, sometimes right in front of our faces.

So I have opted to stay at home as long as it took for this to blow over, only leaving the house for the necessities.

Falling back onto the covers of my bed, I stared at the ceiling of my medium sized bedroom on the second floor. The music that I was blasting through my speakers still wasn't loud enough to drown out the sound of the reporters in front of the house. The minuets began to tick away before I started to get antsy. Toby was out there, somewhere and there was no way he'd be able to come back home with the way things were going right now.

I pushed myself upward, my gaze fell on the bag I packed from earlier. I turned down the music and then went walking around the room to check if I was missing anything.

The muffled sound of the back door opening and closing interrupted my thoughts for the moment. The sound of multiple pairs of feet making their way up the stairs echoed through the hallway and soon a gentle knock sounded at my door.

"(First Name), it's Spencer, Aria, and Hanna," Spencer spoke from the other side of the door, "Your dad let us in on his way out. We want to talk."

"Now isn't a good time," I called out in slight frustration before grabbing my keys from my desk.

I made my way over to the door, about to grab the knob, when it was quickly opened from the other side and Hanna came marching in. We stood there for a few seconds both of us sending pointed looks until Hanna took in the bag that was lying on my shoulder.

"Where do you think you're going?" she exclaimed, though they probably all knew the answer.

I moved to step around her giving curt answer "Out."

I could hear her release a frustrated sigh behind me. From the doorway Spencer and Aria watched our short interaction both with worried expressions plastered on their faces. The two of them shared a glance, trying to decide who was going to handle the current issue before Aria opened her mouth.

"(First Name), Toby is A," she stated. Her voice was gentle but still firm, probably hoping to try and calm the anger I was practically radiating, "he's been the one sending us those texts, the one who hurt Em, and killed Ali."

"Toby Cavanaugh is not A," I seethed making my way down the stairs, "We have no solid proof that can confirm he is and unless we find some I'm going to keep looking for something to prove that he's innocent and had nothing to do with Alison's death," I said before slamming the door.
-
credit to: LilAlisonAngel on DeviantArt