5 - Save the date

Yuri Katsuki wasn't the  most observant person out there but he was sure that you were acting weird.

Well...weirder than usual.

You had been avoiding him all morning. Which was an admirable feat in itself since the two of you go to the same school, not to mention you are in the same class as him. 

Your attempts of avoiding him were rather amusing.

He decided to focus on his school work instead. He was surprisingly fine with not knowing why you constantly try to shy away from him. He knew you would tell him why...

Eventually...

Maybe...??

No. Focus.

But he still couldn't help but feel that something was going to happen. Good or bad? He wasn't so sure just yet.

During lunch, he would have preferred to eat out on the school's rooftop since it was more peaceful than the cafeteria. He didn't care much for the congested space. Unfortunately, they locked the door to the rooftop since the weather was certainly starting to get chilly.

Snow was gently falling outside, giving the earth a nice, white blanket.

So he had no choice but to eat in class. It was relatively quiet since only a few other students choose to eat there.

He briefly wondered if (Y/N) would be joining him for lunch again. His lunch group used to consist of him, Yuko and his other rinkmate, Takeshi but having graduated high school a year ago left him eating alone during breaks.

Luckily, (Y/N) barged into his life. There certainly never was a dull moment with his newfound friend around.

Despite his initial fear of you (since you did intimidate him into becoming your very own self-proclaimed coach), the two of you became fast friends.

You were just a bit scary sometimes.

He noticed that you tended to brush people the wrong way and you were obnoxious when you were feeling especially spiteful.

He knows that deep down, you mean well.

Throughout the few months he has known you, you have been nothing but understanding and supportive of him.

You even went as far as to make personalized banners for him during his skating matches and cheering at the top of your lungs when it was his turn garnering weird stares from onlookers(much to his embarrassment, but he felt his chest swell at your encouraging words).

He especially liked it when you were simply just...there.

When he was feeling down, you know just exactly how to cheer him up by sharing a witty remark or two or just hugging him until he bawls his eyes out.

Well, he was still really embarrassed of that, but you managed to reassure him saying that it's alright to cry.

He appreciates you that much. 

Although...it was rather quiet since the said (h/c) friend was nowhere to be seen.

"What is (Y/N) up to?" he muttered as he ran his finger on the brim of his thermos.

He should stop thinking about (Y/N) for awhile. It almost wasn't healthy.

He was sure that you will turn up sooner or later.

He only hoped that you wouldn't do anything stupid or worse, cause trouble to himself.

Of course, it was all wishful thinking.