75 - Tell me

As you got to the center of the rink, the crowd's cheering died down into a low rumble until the sound dissipated completely.

It was quiet and you took center stage. You got into your opening position and patiently waited for your music to start.

You closed your eyes.

"(L/N) has admittedly been through a lot, but you must face challenges head on," Morooka said, "For (L/N)'s free program, they wanted to express that same feeling. They would be skating to, 'Go the Distance'."

Once you heard the familiar sound of the piano opening resounding through the speakers, your still form came to life.

This song had meant a lot to you as a kid. The struggles of a young hero finding his place in the world was something that you could relate to somewhat.

You were no hero. You doubted that you could ever be considered one, but you could empathize with him. In the end, he overcame his trials and he became a better person because of it.

It was only now that you could fully appreciate its meaning.

I have often dreamed of a far off place
Where a hero's welcome would be waiting for me

Your opening jump was a combination. A triple toe followed by a triple loop.

You landed it perfectly which garnered a loud applause from the audience.

Where the crowds will cheer when they see my face

You followed up by doing a sit spin that transitioned into a corkscrew spin.

And a voice keeps saying, this is where I'm meant to be.

I'll be there someday, I can go the distance.
I will find my way if I can be strong.

I know every mile would be worth my while

You threw in a triple Axel in which you almost slipped but you miraculously managed to catch yourself. You felt your heart nearly burst out of your rib cage for a second there.

You were nowhere near the end of your program but you were already breaking into a sweat.

When I go the distance I'll be right where I belong.

You closed your eyes as you glided through the ice, you were deep in thought.

Down an unknown road to embrace my fate. Though that road may wander, it will lead me to you.

For so long you have struggled with a lot of things, a lot of things that you wished you could live without.

You did another jump combination a triple Axel and a double toe loop. This time, you fell.

Yuri watched you with worry clearly written in his eyes.

You hissed in pain but you quickly got up.

You hated falling on the ice. It means that you messed up.

It wasn't as if you hadn't already messed up a lot already...

You wanted your time during your performances to be different. You wanted it to be the one place where you feel free from all your worries or cares.