131 - Perfectly imperfect

There was never really any guide line on what one must do after exposing your heart out for every one to see. You felt bare and it was rather unsettling. You did not even think that you'd be able to find an instruction manual on how to avoid such feelings online and you did not want to endeavor to. If you felt tired then, you felt even more exhausted now. You would want nothing more than to cocoon yourself with blankets and curl up into a ball in bed. You wished for good dreams and to preferably wake up somewhere around 6 pm in the evening. It was already nearing five in the morning and you desperately needed to catch up on sleep and hopefully reevaluate your entire life.

Was this what being emotionally drained felt like? If so, you wished that you would never have to feel this way again. You were tired, weary and emotionally distraught. You were worried that if you kept this sort of pace up, you'd risk turning sleep into a chore. You did not want to have to go to bed and worry about sleepless nights, you've had enough of those to last a life time. But considering it was you that you were talking about, you highly doubted this would be the last.

Victor had opted to stay downstairs for a while which none of you commented on. You on the other hand had to drag Yuri upstairs which was a feat on its own considering how poor of a grip you had on him in the first place. Honestly, the two of you had highly questionable sleeping habits. Both of you could easily forgo sleep despite your bodies' protest. However, you wanted to be able to get at least eight hours in this time. Your brain was turning into mush as we speak.

Yuri had helped you bring your stuff back into your room and once you were there, you slipped out of your jacket then you gracelessly plopped onto your bed and dropped your crutch onto the floor. You winced a bit as your ankle was jostled but then relaxed soon enough. It wasn't one of your brightest ideas. You looked around and noticed that not much has changed except that your room looked rather bare. You had brought some of your stuff back to your parent's house. Yuri took a seat beside where you lie.

It was quiet between the two of you. You did not think that there would be anything else left to say after you had said your piece and poured your heart right out in front of both him and Victor. However, the quiet unsettled you.

"We're going to be okay, right?"

Yuri turned to you with wide eyes that is full of worry, "...What makes you say that we aren't?"

You shook your head, "...I'm sorry, let me rephrase the question," you said, "We...the both of us are okay?"

His lips formed into a thin line. He didn't answer.

You looked away from him and instead looked up to the ceiling, "So much is happening...in such a short time. Everything is moving way too fast and I'm afraid that one day, I wouldn't be able to keep up anymore," a soft chuckle escaped your lips, "I am literally on my last good leg right now and I guess...what I am saying is that one day, you might just leave me behind."

He positioned himself so that he was now lying directly beside you. 

"(Y/N), you shouldn't think like that. You're not going to lose me," Yuri finally said in a hushed whisper, "Yes, the future is uncertain but wouldn't it be best to...just enjoy living in the now? I...I'd still like to make new memories with you. I'd want to be with you every step of the way. That was what you said, that was what you taught me."

"Really?" you asked in awe, "I taught you that? You were really able to pick that out of all the stupid I bring with me?"

"You're not stupid, (Y/N)." He gave you a dead pan look.

You snorted, "I didn't know you're attracted to idiocy."

"It's not that! I'm not attracted to-" he resisted the urge to pinch the bridge of his nose and suppress the head ache that was bound to come and instead let out an exasperated sigh, "I...I love every bit of you, (Y/N). Your craziness is just an added bonus. I've known you for years now....I wouldn't mind being in the receiving end of the consequences of it every single day."