62 - Reminisce

The days were shorter and the nights were longer, stars dotted the sky.
The clock ticks faster, never slower till all the lights will die.

As cheesy as it sounds, you loved watching the sun set over the horizon. The sky was painted with various hues of oranges and yellows.

You loved how the last few rays that the sun had casted left the earth in a soft glow.

No two sunsets were ever the same.

In the city, you could only catch glimpses of the extraordinary event. There were far too much buildings and signs that was obstructing it from view.

You were glad that your school was set on a high vantage point. That way, when you were on the roof top, you had front row seat to one of the most beautiful spectacles on the planet.

You appreciated sunsets because it gives you the opportunity to look forward to a new sunrise, a second chance, a brand new day.

It was proof that no matter what happens, every day could end beautifully.

At least, that was what you liked to think.

However, there was also something rather melancholic about how the sun's light grows dimmer and dimmer until it is completely out of sight.

It just means that another day has come to a close.

It meant that you were just another day closer until you leave everything behind.

If you could slow down time, you would. As much as you loved watching the sunset, you wanted to make the day last.

You did not want to leave.

You did not want to leave the place that you called home.

You did not want to leave the few friends you had managed to keep over the years.

You had it good here and you never really even noticed until you had to give it all up for something new.

You hated the thought of leaving.

Just when you felt like you had it all, something just had to come up and pry you away from the things that you held so dear.

You took a deep breath.

Reaching your hand out in front of you, you watched as the light slip in between your fingers.

Right there in front of you was a wonderful moment. Floods of molten gold covered the west, as if a tide swept over the world.

You watched as the sun slowly hid behind the clouds, disappearing from soght. The sky turned dark, the warm hues was gradually replaced with an inky black.

And just like that, another day has come and gone.

A light chuckle brought you out of your musings.

"I knew I'd find you here. I imagined you would already be half way home the moment the bell rang."

You rolled your eyes at the familiar voice and allowed a small smile to form on your lips, "Don't you have someone else to go bother?"