136 - Speak of the devil

Weaving through the crowd while trying to remain undetected and unrecognized wasn't easy nor was trying to sneak away from his fans. It was no easy feat but he did it. Yuri Plisetsky, the fifteen year old, Ice Tiger of Russia had successfully evaded his fan girls (and fan boys) and he finally was able to breathe out a sigh of relief when he exited the doors of the Sheremetyevo International Airport.

Cold licked at his face and crept under his clothes, spreading across his skin like the lacy tide on a frigid winter beach. His face tinged with a red hue as a breeze caressed his cheeks. It wasn't unbearable nor was it comfortable. He zipped his jacket up a bit more just to keep himself more insulated and warm.

The sound of cars and airplanes filled his senses.

He could take it a little easier now. He was sure that no one else caught wind as to where he had ran off to and he was confident that he wasn't followed. Hopefully Mila would make sure that the rest of his stuff would arrive to the hotel safely...she was certainly capable of that much, right?

He shook his head at the thought of her dumping his stuff into the nearest river...or worse, sell his things off to the highest bidder.

He had to focus at the task in hand.

He kept glancing around the place just to make sure that no one has spotted him and when he felt he was truly safe, he checked his phone once again. He anxiously kept looking around, he was growing restless and to be honest, a little worried as well.

Just when he was about to make a phone call for good measure, he found the thing he was looking for. A familiar, old, teal, beaten down car that he was certain had seen better days was parked a little ways away. Not that far from where he stood. When he saw the vehicle, his eyes immediately lit up with glee (he really did try his best to keep it all in and not let it show but was failing miserably).

He felt a grin threatening to form on his lips as soon as he caught sight of the one who owned the car. He saw the familiar news boy cap hiding most of the man's salt and pepper hair and the well-worn dark coat that he always insisted on wearing. His had a wizened face and yet his eyes were still bright.  It was as if all of the things he was stressing out about earlier ceased to exist, they were gone as if someone had thrown it all out of the window.

Their eyes met and the elder sent a warm smile towards him, "Oh, Yuri!"

 Yuri no longer could help himself as he had no one holding him back. He did not hesitate. If he didn't envelop the man in a hug, his atoms might very well just break apart. His jog became a sprint and he jumped into his grandfather's waiting arms. The warmth of his body met his cold skin, giving him a nice feeling inside.

He felt so giddy, he felt so happy! He swore that if he smiled a little bit more, his face would rip apart in half. How the distance between the two of them disappeared, he could not recall. All this traveling had kept him away from his home and more importantly, his hero, his grandfather long enough. He clung onto the older man as if his life depended on it.

"Grandpa! I missed you! You would not believe how much I-"

Crack!

The initial joy of the two of them seeing each other again was short lived when Nikolai Plisetsky's knees buckled over and he crumpled to the ground in pain.

Yuri retracted himself quickly, as if touching his grandfather had scalded him something awful. The fifteen year old gave him a once over and then another and another...until his grandfather reassured him that he was okay...sort of. Still, the blonde insisted to be of help.

"I'm sorry! I forgot about your bad back..."

After helping the older man up the two of them made their way into the car.