64 - Slip

Yuri couldn't erase the image of the happiness that shone in your eyes. Even when you were in tears, he saw the person that carried a weight on their shoulders that is too much to bear alone.

He found you to be beautiful.

He had always pictured you to be unbreakable. He had ingrained it in his own mind that you were the strong one when he couldn't be.

But little did he know that he got it all wrong. It was the other way around.

He also would never forget the fact that you told him that you loved him.

Him of all people.

The two of you were never really that vocal about it. You would usually write 'I love you' in notes that you would leave him or those little '<3' things in your text messages.

He supposed neither of you really needed to say it out loud because it was already clear. Actions always spoke louder than words but his heart couldn't help but swell when he had heard you say it.

He was euphoric even if it didn't show through his very red face.

He had all of this in mind and it was messing up his concentration.

Soon enough, he felt his body made contact with the cold, slippery surface.

He fell.

"I think that's enough for today," Victor called out on the side of the rink, out of breath and sweating. Just because they were on the ice didn't mean that they didn't break a sweat.

He and Yuri were in the rink practicing.

Yuri was also in the same state only he wasn't winded as his coach was. He had been trying to nail the quad Salchow since this morning. He didn't have much luck landing it cleanly just yet. Victor had been preoccupied in teaching the dark haired skater the difficult jump and it was beginning to take its toll on him.

Yuri got up and dusted the bits of ice that clung to his clothes.

He skated towards Victor in an unfocused daze. The silverette didn't seem to notice.

"I think I'm beginning to get the hang of this," Yuri said as he watched Victor bend over to clean the blade of his skate, "But if it's alright with you, I would like to try it one more time."

Victor was astounded. It was as if he was already holding on the rink's skirting for dear life. He just gave his student a tired smile, breathing heavily, "We've done it ten thousand times already."

"Thirteen, actually..."

"I've thought of this for a while now," Victor started, "I have got to say that your stamina is pretty impressive,"

Yuri smiled sheepishly, "Um...yeah, I got that at least..."

Victor began to ramble on, "Maybe your nervous eating before competitions helps you keep going longer,"

He spaced out for a moment, eyeing his coach carefully now that he had stooped low enough for him to see the crown of Victor's head.

"There is also the fact that you didn't sustain any major injuries and you're younger than me-"

He poked it with his gloved finger.

It was silent.

Yuri had touched his head on a whim. A loud gasp escaped his lips when he realized what he had done, "I-I'm sorry! I just couldn't help it! S-sorry!"

Victor fingered the spot that Yuri had touched, not once looking up but his expression was grim, "Is it getting that thin..." his voice was small which was very unlike the usual Victor.

Yuri vigorously shook his head, "No, no, no, no! It is very thick and shiny!"

Victor then sunk low and lay on the ice in a state of woe. It was as if a cloud of gloom suddenly formed and loomed over the Russian "Hold me...I don't think I will ever recover..."

Yuri got on his knees and repetitively bowed, "I'm sorry! I didn't know what I was thinking! I didn't mean to do that I swear!"

"Heh, Victor is really such a drama queen."

Yuri's eyes widened and when he looked up he saw you eyeing the two of them in amusement.

"(Y/N)?!"

You waved, "'Sup?"

Victor looked up as well, his expression was blank, "What took you so long?"

You raised a brow, "I already told you this morning didn't I? I was finishing something up," you said, "But I'm here now so let's get practicing."

Victor just slumped down again and went back to his lying position.

You gave a questioning look to Yuri, "Just what did you say to him?"

Yuri was torn, "I didn't say anything, honest!"

You sighed, "Great. Now the Russian's broken...I might as well have just stayed in my room and sleep in..."a sudden idea formed in your head causing you to beam, "While Victor is still out of it, wanna head out and buy some snacks?"

The day had been uneventful after that. You were glad to report that Victor soon recovered after a bit of coaxing from Yuri and some painful nudging on your part.

That night, you checked your email and you were surprised that Yuri's old classmate sent you something. You grinned. Clicking on the attachment that she had sent you impatiently waited for the file to load.

"Yuri!" you yelled, "YURI!!!"

Said male immediately rushed to your room, sliding the door open, "What is it?! Is something wrong?!"

You shook your head and shoved your lap top to him, it almost slipped his fingers, "It's here! It's here!"

"W-what?"

"Your music for your free skate," you explained, the smile never left your face, "It's finished! Your classmate just finished editing the track!"

His eyes widened and soon a grin also broke out on his features.

He played the song and the two of you listened.

Yuri's cheeks were beginning to hurt from smiling too much. He turned to you, "It sounds great! Thank you!"

Your face tinged red and you smiled shyly, "I only rearranged the piece...It was your classmate that did all of the heavy lifting,"

He shook his head, "You did more than that, (Y/N)."

Your breathing hitched in your throat.

It was just the look of pure joy in Yuri's face and the excitement that shone in his brown eyes took your breath away.

In the spur of the moment, he gave you a peck on the lips, leaving you standing there, stunned.

He hugged your lap top close to his chest and headed out the door, "I have got to let Victor listen to this!"

He already had a foot out of the door but he quickly back tracked, his face was all red which wasn't an unusual sight since it was Yuri that we were talking about but you were in no way prepared for what he said next,

"I love you (Y/N)! Thank you!"

And with that he left, most likely going to awake your sleeping coach from his slumber. Soon enough you heard another door slide open, some objects toppling over and Makkachin's whines from down the hall.

You let your finger trace your lip and you let out a small laugh.

 "You too, Yuri," you whispered. 

Your work finally had paid off.

________________________________________________________________________________

Please don't forget to leave a vote if you liked it~