Two

•Merci•

"Hey Mer, I got an interesting phone call today." Mama said walking into the kitchen. I was in the middle of cooking supper. "What's this about someone wanting you to go on a world tour with them?" She asked sitting at the bar.

"It's nothing mama." I said stirring the noodles.

"It doesn't sound like nothing." Mum said walking into the kitchen holding Henri, my youngest sibling. There's five of us and all of our names are French. I'm the oldest. Next are the twins, Alison and Avelino (we call him Lino), they are 14. Aimee is five and then Henri is two months old. My mama had me and mum had the twins. They used the same donor both times so, yes, we are blood related. Aimee and Henri were both adopted as newborns.

"Come on! Don't tag team me like that!" I said turning around with the spoon in my hand.

"Merbear, this is the opportunity of a life time. How could you say no?" Mama asked.

"I don't know. I mean I literally just ran into Shawn at the phone store and had one day full of conversation with him and I've never met Charlie, I'm not sure I could spend almost a whole year on a bus with them." I said turning the noodles off and draining them.

"What do you think mama, should she do it?" Mum asked looking between me and mama.

"I think she should." Mama said taking Henri from mum.

"You guys are okay with this?" I asked adding the sauce to the noodles? They looked at each other before turning back to me and nodding. "Fine. I'll think about it." I said sitting the spaghetti on the table.

"Yay!" They both yelled at me.

"Hey hey, I only said I'll think about it." I said, raining on their parade.

"What are we thinking about?" Shawn asked walking around the corner with a pot of something, his mom and sister following behind him.

"You invited them?" I said looking at my moms.

"We thought we would be celebrating." Mama said, hanging me Henri so she could go greet Shawn's mom.

Shawn sat the pot down on the table and walked over to me, crossing his arms.

"So are we celebrating?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"Maybe." I said wiping spit from Henri's mouth.

-----------------

"Come on Mer, we're going to be late." Mum called from downstairs. I slid on my sandals and ran downstairs.

Today my manager, mum, has to meet with with Shawn's manager. No, I haven't decided whether or not I want to go yet, but I'm supposed to today.

I mean, I'd love to go, but why would anyone want to see me preform live. They are paying for Shawn and Charlie, not some d-list singer who doesn't have a complete album yet.

"Okay Merci, I just want you to sit here and play whatever song comes to mind." Shawn's manager said sitting a keyboard in front of me. The drive here wasn't as long as I thought it was going to be so I had less time to mental prepare myself.

The only song I would keep play without panicking was Lost Boy, a song I wrote a while ago but never released.

There was a time when I was alone
Nowhere to go and no place to call home
My only friend was the man in the moon
And even sometimes he would go away, too

Then one night, as I closed my eyes
I saw a shadow flying high
He came to me with the sweetest smile
Told me he wanted to talk for awhile
He said, "Peter Pan, that's what they call me
I promise that you'll never be lonely," and ever since that day

I am a lost boy from Neverland
Usually hanging out with Peter Pan
And when we're bored we play in the woods
Always on the run from Captain Hook
"Run, run, lost boy," they say to me
Away from all of reality

Neverland is home to lost boys like me
And lost boys like me are free
Neverland is home to lost boys like me
And lost boys like me are free

I opened my eyes and looked up from the keyboard. Everyone was staring at me and it made me uncomfortable.

"Welcome to the team!"

What do y'all think? Also, I will be a graduate this time next week. I don't know how to feel 😳😳

5/13/17

Picture at the top are her moms and little brother. Bellow are the twins and little sister.

The twins

The twins

Aimee

Henri

*edited*