Eighteen

Merci's POV

"She is the cutest thing I think I've ever seen." I said into the camera on my laptop. I was currently Skyping with my moms.

"Don't let the other five hear you." Mum said.

"Have you guys decided on a name yet?" They looked at each other and smiled.

"Josephine Isabella," they said together.

"Oh my goodness. That's so cute. I can't wait to come home so I can kiss her face." They gave each other a little side look, which I thought was weird.

"So where are you guys at now?" Mama asked. I looked out the window to see if I could find a sign.

"I think we just got into Pennsylvania. But don't quote me on that."

"Oh. So you guys should be there by the end of the day." Mum said.

"I guess so, I don't know geography like that." I said shrugging and looking at my phone that buzzed under my leg.

Shawn ❤️ where did you go?

I rolled my eyes. He's literally like ten feet away and he texts me.

"I'm on the couch Shawn." I yelled towards the bunks.

"Speaking of Shawn, have you had a chance to look into getting one of those apartments?" Mama asked, sticking that pacifier back I. Josephine's mouth.

"Yeah, I looked at them online a little. They're nice." I said, my voice trailing off.

"Then why don't you sound excited?" Mum asked, standing up to probably go get Henri because they monitor was going off.

"I don't know if I want to live by myself." I said picking at my fingers. Shawn walked by the couch and walked over to the tv and turning it on. He grabbed the remote before coming to sit beside me.

"Hunny you're an adult now. And it's only 20 minutes away. I don't see why you wouldn't want to live by yourself." Mama said as Mum was walk back with Henri.

"Hey buddy.....I just, I don't know. I don't think it's a good idea for me to live alone." I said turning the laptop around a little so they could see Shawn.

"Does he ever wear a shirt Mer?" Mama asked laughing a little. I just shrugged. "Listen babe. You have to move out eventually. Were you just planning on living with us for the rest of your life?"

"Not the rest of my life, just until I moved in with my husband or something." They both rolled their eyes at me.

"That could be a long time Mer." Lino yelled from the background, causing everyone to laugh. I didn't think it was funny.

"Will you smack him for me?" I asked. "See if I lived by myself I would miss out on all the family inside jokes and stuff. Can't I just live in the basement or something?" I whined, laying my head on Shawn's shoulder.

"No Mer, this is something we both feel you need to do. You'll be able to come over anytime you want, and your siblings can come over anytime they want. You need to move out." Mum said bouncing Henri on her leg.

"So you're just kicking me out then?" I asked, slightly hurt.

"Basically." They said together.

"I totally feel the love guys. Well I'm going to take a nap before we get to New York. I guess  I'll see you guys next week." I said closing my laptop and laying it on the couch beside me.

I sunk down onto the floor and rolled over into my stomach. I really hate things right now. Three more shows. Just three and I can go home, well not even home anymore. I just want everything to be over with. I want to go back home, to my home, not to some empty apartment.