Three

•Merci•

I set my alarm for 4am. Today was Mother's Day, and since I have two, I always strive to make it spectacular. Ali asked me if she could help this year, so how could I refuse. I walked into the room she stared with Aimee and shook her awake. She sat up and stretched before putting her slippers on and following me into the kitchen.

"When I asked to help, I didn't know I'd be agreeing to be up before the sun." She said grabbing the eggs out of the fridge.

"Hey. Perfection comes at a price Al, you'll get used to it." I said braking the eggs into a bowl. I gave her the job of cutting the fruit and making the juice. Yes make the juice, hand squeezed fruit and all. I don't settle for mediocrity.

"I'm going to smell like oranges for weeks." Al said walking over to the sink and washing her hands. It took her about an hour to make the juice. In that time I had mad french toast, pancakes, omelets, scrambled eggs, and cinnamon rolls.

"Okay when the oven beeps, take the biscuits out. I'm going to go wake up the boys and Aimee." I said taking off my apron and walking upstairs.

I woke Lino up first and he got up to take a shower. I then walked over to Henri's dresser and got his outfit out for the sat before walking over and picking him up out of the crib. I brought his clothes and a diaper with me to wake up Aimee.

"Get up princess." I said bending down beside her bed.

"Mer. What times it is?" She asked.

"It's time to wake up. We have to surprise moms today."

"Can I wear the dress now?" She asked sitting up in the bed. She was talking about the dress I bought her the other day.

"Yes sweetheart. Put it on and then come downstairs so I can do your hair." I said kissing her head before walking downstairs.

I cleaned out the sink and ran some bath water for Henri. He's still too small to put in the actual tub so we give him sick baths.

I washed him off and then wrapped him in the towel before taking him to living room to get him ready. I fastened his diaper on before rubbing lotion in him.

I pulled his green onsie over his head and fastened it at the bottom before pulling his overalls on and buckling them. I put some white socks on him before situating him on my arm so I could give him the bottle.

I walked back into the kitchen to help Ali make the gravy.

"This is easier than I thought it would be." She said stirring it.

I took a picture of everything once it was placed on the dining room table.

I posted it on instagram with a big caption on how much I loved my moms and everything they did for me.

A few minutes later my phone dinged in my pocket. I laid Henri in his smaller crib that we keep in the living room and checked my phone. It was a text from Shawn.

Mendes 🎸: I saw your post on insta, I'm coming to steal your food. Well not for me, for my mom. Me and Aaliyah can't cook 😂😂

Me: why don't you all just come over? You can say you woke up early and come over here to help make it and then your drove back.

Mendes 🎸: I like how you think. We'll be there at 7:30.

Me: I don't know if you'll be able to handle all of my family that early in the morning. Good luck to you 😂

------------------

"Did you guys really do all of this?" My moms and Shawn's mom asked. We nodded.

"Well it looks great. Let's eat." Karen said.

"You don't have to tell me twice." The twins said at the same time, both reaching for the cinnamon rolls.

"Mer, did you tell them about the game? They may want to come." Mum said taking a bite if eggs.

"What game?" Shawn asked, a mouth full of pancakes.

"We get together with some of my moms' friends and play softball every weekend. But today we are playing moms against kids since it's Mother's Day." I said taking a sip of my juice.

"That's sounds delightful, I think we may just have to take you up on that offer." Karen said.

"I didn't know you played softball." Shawn said turning to look at me.

"Well we've known each other a good two weeks, there's a lot you don't know." I said patting him on his head.

-----------------

After cleaning up breakfast and loading the dishwasher, I ran upstairs and changed into some playing clothes. Moms were in their room getting changed so I made sure Aimee got buckled in her car seat. I grabbed Henri's carrier and made sure his diaper bag was full before taking him out to the car. The twins soon followed and got buckled in in the very back of the van with Aimee. I buckled myself into the seat beside Henri and we waited for moms to come out.

My phone buzzed in my pocket so I took it out and looked at it. I had a twitter notification. I opened the app to see what it was.

@shawnmendes: Going with my mom and sister to watch my new best friend, @merbearsings2017 play some softball. #HappymothersDay.

After being mentioned, my phone started to blow up. I went from 100,000 followers to nearly 500,000 in about two minutes.

I put my phone on silent and put it back in my pocket as we left for the game.

So tomorrow is my very last day of high school ever. And then Saturday is graduation. After then I will be able to update all my stories more because I will only be working night shift.

How's everyone liking the new story??

5-16-17