Thirty-seven

April 3, 2018

Why is it that every time Ally calls, she knows exactly when she's interrupting something? I climbed out of the bed at Shawn's apartment for the last time, much to his protest, and walked into the other room to answer the phone.

"Yes Allyssa." I said, opening the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water.

"Are you okay? You sound out of breath." She asked. I mean....I was out of breath.

"Yeah. I was just, um, working out." I said, choking on my water a little.

"You don't work out. Oh gosh, gross. Forget I asked." She said and I laughed.

"Is there a reason you called?"

"Yes. I got sad." She said.

"What? Why?"

"Well Niall-"

"What did he do? Do I need to slap him? I don't care how adorable he is, I'll do it." I said sitting on the couch.

"He didn't do anything per say, but it's our three months today and I'm afraid that he might not want to take things slow for much longer."

"What do you....ohhhhh. You mean you haven't-?"

"No not yet."

"Just tell him how you feel and if he has a problem with it, I'll handle it." I said biting my finger nails as Shawn walked into the living, shirtless and sweaty. He walked away into another room and I followed him with my eyes as he left.

"You can't hit everyone that's inconvenient to me."

"Like hell I can't. Watch me."

"Alright. Well, I'll let you get back to whatever it was you were doing, you're obviously a little feisty at the moment. I'll call you later."

"Don't forget to tell him I'll kick his leprechaun ass of he hurts you. And maybe text before you call?" She laughed.

"Okay. Love you. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung my phone up and stuck it in the waist band of Shawn's boxers that I was wearing.

He walked back out of the back room with a handful of boxes.

"We've got to finish packing. They're kicking me out at midnight." He said handing me a box.

"Don't you want to finish something else first." I asked, not taking the box.

"I already did." He said smirking.

"Without me? I'm honestly surprised and hurt." I said standing up and taking the box from him.

"And obviously frustrated."

————————————
"You're not pregnant are you?" Aaliyah asked as she helped me carry boxes into the house.

"Not you too," I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Don't shoot the messenger, I'm asking for my mom. Shawn won't tell her anything." She said sitting the box down in the hallway beside the bathroom.

"I'm not pregnant and I don't plan on being pregnant anytime soon. But, uh, be a little nicer when you give the message back to your mom." I said sitting my box on top of hers.

"When it gets warm can I have a pool party here?" She asked as we walked back out to the moving van. I laughed.

"I don't see why not."

"Yes!" She cheered, running ahead to grab another box.

"Where does this box go?" Ali asked walking up the steps. I opened the top and saw that it was dishes and told her to put it on the island in the kitchen.

My phone buzzed in my pocket so I laid the box in my hand on the table in the living room and took it out to look at it.

lil mama 👶🏼
So baby daddy was passing me off.
Wouldn't change the baby.
I got mad. Like super mad.
This slick mf had and engagement ring taped to the top of the diaper.

Me:
Omg?!!!?
What?!!!?
You're getting married?!!
Wait, you said yes right??!!?

Lil mama 👶🏼
Ofc I said yes
And I need bridesmaids...
You and Ali in?

Me:
Ofc we are!
I'm so excited!!!!

——————————-
"So, it's the first night in our house. What do you want to do?" Shawn asked walking up behind me in the kitchen and wrapping his arms around my waist. I smiled and leaned my head against his chest.

"Sleeping would be great. I'm tired." I said stirring the pot of noodles.

"Is this because of this morning?" He asked. I turned around in his arms and looked him in the face, with a raised eyebrow.

"Partly. But I really am tired. I stayed up last night replying to tweets." I said tracing the outline of his abs with my finger nail.

"Alright. Dinner and cuddles it is then." Shawn said wrapping his arms tighter around my waist and kissing the top of my head.

That wasn't exactly how the night went.

—————————
I woke up due to the light breeze hitting my bare back. I rolled over and frowned because of the lack of Shawn. I sat up and recognized the smell of burning bacon. I smiled before grabbing Shawn's shirt off the ground and walking down the stairs to our kitchen.

I quietly sat on one of the bar stools on the island and laid my head down, watching Shawn cook breakfast. He was quietly humming along to the radio that was playing softly. It wasn't until I sneezed that he noticed me there.

"What are you doing up? I was going to bring you breakfast in bed." He said placing the plate in front of me instead of on the tray on the counter. When did he even buy that?

"There was a breeze coming from your side of the bed, it woke me up." I said sitting up and pulling the plate closer to me. Shawn nodded before grabbing his own plate and walking around to my side of the island. He kissing my forehead before sitting down beside me and eating his food.

Merbearsings2017: I could get used to waking up to this everyday 💕💕

"So, we've got to go get Aimee a birthday present before we head over to my moms house." I said walking out of the bathroom, drying my hair with a towel.

"Are you alright, I thought I heard you throwing up in there?" Shawn asked standing up and feeling my forehead with his hand.

"Yeah I'm fine. I was brushing my teeth and got choked." I said lying. He looked a little skeptical but then nodded and backed up.

"What time are we supposed to be at your moms' house?" He asked, sliding on his shoes.

"Two." I said sitting down on the side of the bed, feeling sick again.

I closed my eyes and took a breath. I shook the feeling and put my shoes on as well.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Shawn asked before I got in the Jeep.

"Peachy." I said pulling myself into the Jeep and buckling my seat belt.

Dis won is sort. I sory 🤷🏽‍♀️