Sixty-six

There's a lot of time jumps in this one, bare with me 🤷🏼‍♀️

Shawn's POV

December 21st. Four days past Merci's due date. She's going crazy, I'm going crazy. We're all going crazy. Her mums made us come stay with them because their house is closer to the hospital than ours is, and they wanted to be the first to know when she goes into labor.

"Just come out already!" Mer yelled from the living room. I sighed and laid my head on the kitchen table.

"How long has she been yelling?" Ellen asked walking in from the garage, her and Jill had been grocery shopping.

"Since you've been gone." I said standing up and taking the groceries she had in her hand from her. "Are there more?" I asked sitting them on the counter. She nodded and I ran outside, wanting five minutes of silence. Jill was getting Josie out of the car when I walked out there.

"Is she driving you crazy yet?" She asked, walking around to the other side of the car. I stopped and got Henri our for her and put him down on the ground, grabbing his hand with one of mine while grabbing groceries in the other.

"She's way past that." I said, using the foot thing to close the trunk. Me and Henri followed them into the house and I sat the rest of the groceries on the counter.

"Come on already, you stubborn asshole." Mer yelled, we all ignored her.

"I'm going to go change the-" Ellen started before I interjected.

"I'll do it," I said picking Henri up and grabbing Josie in the other arm. They laughed at me but I ran.

—————————
"Do you think if I held my nose and you blew air in my mouth, she's just pop out?" Mer asked when I came back from changing the little ones.

"It doesn't work like that." Lino said before I had the change to answer her. I'm glad he did because I honestly didn't have an answer for her.

"You can try hot sauce." Ali suggested, looking up from her phone. "Or walking, bouncing on a ball, castor oil, and I'm not reading the rest of these." She said said, putting her phone down.

"Babe, will you go see if there's hot sauce in the kitchen?" She asked me. I nodded and stood up walking into the kitchen and going through the cupboards. I found some and walked back into the hallway.

"Do you want it straight or do you want it mixed with something?" I asked, looking at Mer.

"Put like half water and half that in a cup." She said, getting her brother to help her up off the couch. I walked back into the kitchen and grabbed a glass, filling it halfway with water before pouring in some hot sauce.

"This I going to be gross," I said handing it to Mer, who was waiting in the hallway.

"I don't care. She's coming today. I don't care what it takes." She said taking the glass and chugging it. "That's fucking disgusting." She said, scrunching up her face and handing Lino the cup.

She then took off, well not really, down the hallway and back. She paced the hallway for thirty minutes before drinking another glass of water and hot sauce. After about four glasses I had to stop her.

"Love, this isn't working." I said, stopping her from pacing up and down the hall.

"I'm not going to stop walking until my ass is walking out that door and into the car." She said grabbing my wrist and looking me straight in the eyes.

"Maybe just sit down for five minutes and rest." I said, trying to get my arm away from her grip.

"No I've got to keep going." She said, letting go of my arm and walking down the hall again. I sighed and leaned against the wall.