Fifty-Six

September 10, 2018

"First of all, I don't care how many children you have with the man, I will always be your best friend." Ally said coming into Essie's room where I was decorating the bookshelf.

"Second of all what the fuck happened with Camila?" She asked sitting beside me on the floor.

"Language." I said taking the next book out of the box.

"It's not like you haven't heard or said it before." She said.

"Why did that sound so sexual?" I asked looking at her.

"Stop changing the subject and tell me what happened."

I took a deep breath and explained to her what happened.

"That's messed up. What the hell?" She asked standing up and pacing back and forth.

"Ally, sit down." I said, continuing to put books on the shelf.

"How am I supposed to sit down? She literally pisses me off so much." She said pulling at her hair.

"It's over now. Okay, it doesn't matter." I said, moving the box to the side and reaching my hands out to her so she could help me up.

"I know. But she could've hurt my niece, and I can't have that." She said rubbing my belly.

"Believe me. Shawn's not going to let anyone hurt her." I said rolling my eyes.

"What was that look?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

"Since the thing with Camila, he won't let me do anything by myself. The only reason I'm here alone now is because he went to the grocery store and didn't want me to go because I might get hurt. It's getting annoying." I said sitting in the rocking chair.

"He's just doing what's best for the two of you." She said sitting in the floor in front of me.

"Yeah but how much is too much?"

"I don't know, I'm not nineteen and pregnant with Shawn Mendes' baby." She said smiling.

I stuck my tongue out like a child.

"If you would've told me two years ago that my best friend would end up being a freaking BBMA winner and engaged to her favorite singer since 2013, all while being pregnant with his kid, I would of told you you were crazy."

"Says the girl dating Niall Horan."

"Touché!" She said.

"How's everything going in here?" Shawn asked as he poked his head into Essie's room.

"Don't worry I've been doing everything, I promise your two precious gems are fine." Ally said in a mocking tone.

"What's the supposed mean?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing babe." I said, glaring at Ally. "Did you get everything on the list?" I asked biting my lip.

"If you mean did I get the pumpkin bread," he paused stepping all the way into the room. "I did." He said holding it up.

"God I love you." I said reaching for the bread. He walked over and handed it to me, kissing the top of my head.

"Have you checked on your sales yet?" He asked propping himself on the edge of the chair.

"Not yet. I really don't want to see how bad they are." I said pinching off a piece of pumpkin bread.

"They're not going to be bad." He said grabbing his phone and opening Apple Music. He turned his phone away from as he looked. "Unless you considers number three worldwide awful."