Eight

2 weeks later

My day started with me rolling out of my bunk on the bus.

"Son of a bitch!" I whispers, rubbing the top my head.

"What was that?" Charlie asked from his bunk.

"Mer probably fell out of her bunk again." Shawn said opening his curtain and looking at me, smirking.

"I'm just going to start sleeping down here."

"If you didn't try to do gymnastics in your bed, you wouldn't fall out all the time."

"Shut up." I said standing up and walking into the back of the bus where our suit cases were.

I grabbed my clothes for today and walked into the very tiny bathroom. You haven't known struggle until you've taken a shower on a tour bus.

In other news, I wrote like three hundred songs! Not really it only like two but it felt like three hundred. But all this week I'm recording them because we have a week "off."

I got dressed after I got out of the shower and put my hair in two French braids. I put my glasses on because I really didn't feel like trying to put contacts in today.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and went on Snapchat,
Hi guys! I'm very excited for today. I've got three new songs that I've been working that'll hopefully be out by next week. My goal is to have the album done before Christmas! Hope everyone is good. Love y'all!

I saved the video and also posted it on my twitter and Instagram since not everybody has Snapchat. I snapped all my personal streaks back before I lost them because that is the most awful form of betrayal.

I walked out of the bathroom and I grabbed my little backpack purse and put chapstick, my song book, and a couple bottles of water in it.

——————————————-
"Is it time for lunch yet?" I asked into the microphone after I finished the take.

"I guess you're not going to quit asking until we feed you?" Joe asked. I shook my head no and he rolled his eyes. "Come on then, you've got an hour."

I smiled and took the headphones off, running out of  he recording booth.

I walked down the hall to the little break room where I put my lunch at. I opened the door and Shawn and Charlie were playing some kind of game.

I got my lunch out of the refrigerator and sat on the couch beside Shawn.

"How's it going in there?" Shawn asked pausing the game. I finished chewing my sandwich before answering.

"I think it's going good, at least I hope so. I think we've nearly got the first song done." I said and then took a sip of water.

"How long is a break do you get?" Charlie asked as they went back to the game.

"An hour." I answered paying attention to the screen. "What time do we have to go do the thing Shawn?" I asked, eating a grape.

"You mean the kissing practice?" He asked looking at me. I nodded as I cringed. "It's not going to be as bad as it sounds. And I think after we leave here."

"Wait a second. Kissing practice? What even is that?" Charlie asked, pausing the game again.

"We have to kiss a bazillion times in front of a bunch of pervs until we can make it look believable." I said in a mocking tone.

"Okay. Ignore her." Shawn said laughing.

"She's right dude. That is a little creepy." Charlie said turning the game off completely. "I'll see you guys on the other side." He said and walked out of the room back to the studio.

Shawn put the game controller down and turned to look at me. He just stared at me for the longest time.

"You know, if you take a picture it'll last longer." I said snapping him out of what seemed like a trance.

"We could just practice now. That way when we get there we only have to kiss in front of them once or twice." He said shrugging and scooting closer.

"Okay. But don't get too excited, I'm extremely bad at relationships."

"No promises." He said smirking.

"Shut up, what kind of loser uses their own song as a pun?" I said smacking him on the back of his head.

He shrugged and moved even closer to where there was barely and space between us. He grabbed my hip as I grabbed the side of his face.

"You brushed your teeth this morning right?" I asked laughing.

"Yes. But you've got some serious peanut butter breath going on right now." He said laughing back.

"Shut up and kiss me dumbass." I said smacking him again.

"Wow, what a catch." He said sarcastically before pulling me closer and kissing me.

I mean I'm not going to lie, he's a good kisser.

We kissed a couple more times before we settled on what we thought was believable.

"Well, I've got to go back to the studio. See ya later." I said backing out of the room.

"Bye."
——————————————-
"Okay one more and you should be good."

"He said that and hour ago." I muttered under my breath. Shawn chuckled and we kissed again. He was completely wrong about only having to do it once or twice if we practiced before hand.

"Okay. Mer wrap your hands around his neck and Shawn pull her closer." We did as told. "Okay. That's the one!"

"Can we be done here?" I asked, my voice cracking a little from singing all day.

"Yes. But no talking for you. You've got to save your voice for the rest of the week." I gave him a thumbs up and we left.

I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest, walking out of the room. Do you know how hard it is to not talk.

"You need to stop pouting." Shawn said poking my side, causing me to smile slightly before I went back to staring. I shook my head no.

"I guess you leave me no choice then." He said walking around in front of me and picking me up, throwing me over his shoulder. I screamed and then started laughing.

"Hey! Vocal rest remember." He said opening the door and walking out of it, I could feel the smirk on his face. The screams were loud, as always.

Shawn put me back on the ground and we signed a couple of things, him explaining that I was in vocal rest and couldn't speak.

As soon as we got on the bus, I threw myself on the floor in the front "room" and sunk into the carpet.

The long day was finally over!

11/25/17

It's exactly a month until Christmas!!! How was your (if you celebrate it) Thanksgiving?