Fifty-five

September 4th, 2018

"Today I'm joined with a beautiful singer from up in Canada. And today we are going to be discussing her new album, 2017. Please join me in welcoming Merci Patrick to the stage." Ellen said, introducing me. I composed my self before smiling and walking out of stage. She stood up from her chair and gave me a hug as I pretty much waddled onto the stage. She offered me her hands as I sat down, helping me.

"So, you're new album is called 2017, why?" She asked crossing her leg.

"Well, it's pretty much based off of experience from the first half of 2017, and I think there's one or two songs from the second half of the year. I thought it was very fitting." I said smiling.

"Interesting. I'm correct in assuming, from the singles that you've released, that this album is kind of about the dark spots of a relationship?" She asked.

"You would be correct in assuming that." I said, crossing my ankles and sitting us some. "I was I a really bad place emotionally and romantically until about July of last year and I just drew from those feeling and experiences and wrote this album." I explained.

"And judging from the looks of it, things romantically are good now?" She said, looking at my baby bump.

"If they aren't, things are going to be real awkward in 15 weeks." I said laughing. "No, things are great now." I said smiling.

"So now, you guys have been calling the baby-?"

"We've been calling her Essie because we don't want anyone to know her name just yet."

"Is that because you haven't actually got a name yet? Because I actually have a list of names that I think will be perfect." She said reaching behind her chair and pulling out a notebook.

"No. We actually do have a name." I said laughing.

"Yeah well, these are better."

"I doubt it but let's take a look." I said taking the list from her. "Number one, Ellen." I read. I glanced up at her and rolled my eyes.

"I think it's a good name." She said.

"My grandma did too, that's why it's my moms name."

"See, an even better reason to name the baby that."

"I'll think about it. Number two, Red Peony." I said. "Question, how high were you when you wrote these?"

"Sober. Why?" She asked laughing.

"You know what, I think we'll just stick with the name we have. But I'll keep this list in mind for next time." I said laughing.

"Very well then, when we come back from break. We're going to have a special performance of Merci's new song, sirens."

————————————