Thirty

Nothing makes me sicker to my stomach than the smell of antiseptic. And the loud beeping of the machines were make my head throb. There was a pressure on my leg and arm so I opened one of my eyes slowly to see Shawn asleep on the edge of my hospital bed. There was an IV in the other arm. I squinted at my hospital bracelet and noticed that it said I was post-op. I was confused so I tried to find anything else in the room to figure out what happened. Shawn looks exhausted so I didn't want to wake him to ask.

I looked at the nurses chart and tried to read it, but it was difficult because it was on the wall across from me and written in cursive. An appy, maybe? I think. I got tired of trying to figure out what happened so I pushed the call button and waited for the nurse to come in.

"How are you feeling miss Patrick?"

"Merci's fine. And I'm just a little confused." I said, whispering.

"Right, you've been out since he brought you in." She said checking my IV fluids.

"You're appendix erupted, likey caused by stress. They had to do emergency surgery last night to drain the fluid and to remove the rest of the appendix." She said adding something into my IV tap. I was right.

"Oh." I said. "Can I have food anytime soon?" I asked. The nurse laughed and nodded.

"Dining should be around within the next hour." She said and left the room.

————————

Allycat21: if it's not one thing, it's another

Allycat21: if it's not one thing, it's another. My best friend is the strongest person I know. Continued prayers for her and her family.

View more comments

Sgercisgat: omg, is she okay?

Mermermerlol: what happened? I thought her brother was the one in the hospital?

Mamaofsix: thank you so much Ally for keeping her company. To everyone asking, she had to have emergency surgery last night because if her appendix. She's doing fine and her brother is also doing better than expected. Thank you all for your kind words and worry.

———————————
"Ali, if you want to go to the dance, I'll have to help you get ready here." I said patting the side of my hospital bed.

"I only get one 8th grade formal, I do not want to get ready for it in a hospital." She said, typing away at her phone.

"Then I don't know what to tell you." I sighed reaching behind me and fluffing my pillow.

"You're famous now, can't you use your special powers and find someone to come and help me?" She asked batting her eyes at me.

"Seriously?" I asked, annoyed. "Why aren't you in Lino's room."

"Because he's still not awake and I can't be in there for long." Did she just try and play the pitty card on me, because it's working.

"Fine. I'll see what I can do." I unplugged my phone and redownloaded Twitter. I opened my dms and began typing.

Hey babes, this is going to be completely outrageous but I need a huuuuuuge favor.

I waited for a reply.

-Hi, omg. I can't believe this. Yes absolutely, anything you need.

My sister has her 8th grade formal this weekend and I know it's extremely last minute but I can get you plane tickets for as early as you can leave tomorrow morning. But is there anyway you can come Toronto and help her get ready? I'll pay for everything 👏🏻

And again I waited for a reply.

-absolutely sister. I can leave anytime. I'm actually in New York at the moment. I can leave in the morning if that works for you.

I sighed in relief because he said yes.

Alright, I'm getting ready to delete my Twitter again so I'll give you my number so we can talk. Also don't tell Shawn that I redownloaded this cause it's 'stress'

-sounds good Mer! (And my lips are sealed)

Alright my number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. Text me so I'll have yours ❤️

I redeleted the twitter app and waited for his text.

Unknown:
Hey, it's J.
Me: hey. There's a flight at 5am, is that okay?
J 💄: that works!
J 💄: I just realized that I am so rude, how are you feeling?
Me: like I got ran over by a truck 😂
Me: do you want to stay in a hotel, or are you fine crashing at my apartment?
J 💄: which ever is easier or you. And I'm glad you're okay. How is your brother?
Me: alright, you can just stay at my place. And they won't tell me any updates on him until I leave 🙄
J💄: that sucks. Well I'll let you get some rest, I'll see you tomorrow
Me: see ya!

"I hope you know how much I love you." I said turning and looking at my sister.

She looked at me confused before shrugging.

Dis is a sort wun. Lol I'm sleep deprived.

However I did start a ton Holland fanfic so you should check it out 🤷🏼‍♀️