Thirty-three

March 2018

Things were finally back to normal. Lino is breathing on his own, he can stay awake for about an hour at a time. He should be coming home in the next couple of weeks. Ally and Niall made things official and he flies here whenever he had the chance and she joins him on the weekends.

Henri's birthday part is today, I can't believe that he's already a year old. And Josephine is already 5 months old. Aimee turns four next month and the twins turn 16 in June. Where had the time gone? I can't believe how fast they are growing up. I miss being at home and seeing them sometimes, but I actually love living on my own. Well next exactly on my own.  I transformed my office into a room for Ally and she officially lives here now. She's been spending all her spare money on plane tickets so I told her to move in so she could save money on rent. She protested at first but I told her I wouldn't have it any other way.

If today wasn't my brother's birthday, I would be dreading what's happening at midnight. My cousins baby shower is next weekend which means that starting at midnight I have to wear the stupid fake belly until the shower. I really hate this family tradition. But I can't say no, because it's family.

I went to the store last night and got everything I could possibly need for the next week because there is no way that I am going out in public with that stupid thing on. I don't need the paps getting any more ideas.

My alarm went off and I sighed, getting out of the bed and walking towards my bathroom. I'd been awake for a while. It had gotten harder to sleep by myself but I didn't want to bother Shawn because he was busy in the studio and would be extremely tired when he got home. And plus I didn't want to be one of the people entirely dependent on their other person.

I quickly took a shower and got ready for Henri's party. I walked out of my room and Ally was already gone for the weekend, she had left a note of the fridge saying not to wait up for her.

I grabbed some bread out of the bag and stuck it in the toaster, hoping on the counter with the peanut butter in my hand, waiting for it to pop.

A key was placed in the door and it started to turn, I was unfazed by it, seeing as how it was probably Shawn. There was a robbery down the street a couple of weeks ago so I had to start locking the doors at night, but he already had a key so it was no problem.

The door opened as the toast popped up. I grabbed it and placed it in the napkin in my lap as the door closed behind Shawn. I was spreading the peanut butter when Shawn walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning Love," He said walking over in front of my, kissing my forehead.

"Good morning. No studio today?" I asked, taking a bite of my toast.

"No studio at all. We finished last night!" He said taking a bite of my toast. Had I not been excited for him, he would have gotten smacked.

"That's amazing! Do you have a date for when the album is coming out?" I asked, continuing to eat my toast.

"Late May, early June probably." He answered.

"That's fantastic! We should celebrate."

"I'm already ahead of you. We're going to dinner after Henri's party." He said smiling.

"Speaking of which, we should probably get going." I said moving him out of the way so I could get off the counter. "Fair warning, you get to meet the other half of my family today, and they're worse." I said laughing.

"Younger cousins?" He asked.

"11 more. All female." I said laughing.

"Great, this is going to be so fun." He groaned.