Twelve

The title does not mean they frick any kind of frack in this chapter, you'll know what it means when you get there

Merci's POV

I was woken up from a very good sleep by the sound of my phone ringing. I groaned and reached my arm over to the beside table and grabbed my phone. Around the same time my phone started ringing, Shawn's did too.

I didn't even bother to look at who was calling I just answered.

"Hello?" I said still halfway asleep.
"Oh I'm so sorry, I forgot you weren't in the country. Did I wake you?" A very southern voice asked. Obviously American.
"Yes. But it's totally fine, I needed to wake up anyway. Umm, who is this?"
"Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. It's Kelly!"  Kelly? Kelly who?
"Clarkson?" I said going out on a limb, I was totally joking because why would Kelly Clarkson call me?
"Yes ma'am." That woke me up. I shot straight up in the hotel bed and kind of gave my self whiplash. Why on earth would Kelly Clarkson be calling me. "I was wondering if you'd like to join me as my guest coach on the voice?" It was only 6 in the morning and I was trying to wrap my head around things.
"Like the singing show? That the voice?" I asked, still totally out of it.
"Yes silly. I'd be honored to have you here."
"Well how could I say no to you?"
"Great see you then!" And then she hung up.

What. The. Hell. Just. Happened?

"Alright, thank you so much for considering me, it means a lot. I will see you then. Thank you so much!" Shawn said smiling and hanging up his phone.

"You'll never believe who I was on the phone with!" We both said at the same time.

"You first," He said.

"Kelly Clarkson, you?" I asked.

"Alicia Keys." He said scratching his neck.

"Wait a second, did she want you as a guest coach for the voice?" I asked. He nodded.

"Lit" I said. Shawn looked at me with a face that probably mocked the face I made to a T. "That's most definitely the sign for me to go back to sleep. I've got another hour and a half before my alarm goes off." 

I laid back down and covered my head with one of the extra pillows on the bed. I felt Shawn lay back down beside me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him, making my breathing halt for just a second.

"You know we still need to talk about what you heard yesterday." He said, his breath right on the back of my neck. I really hoped that he couldn't feel my heart beating faster.

"Later." Was all I said before we both drifted back to sleep.

————————————
I had been ignoring Shawn all day. I know he wants to talk, but I don't know what to say. I don't know how to say what I want to say. I've been in the gym since I woke up, like for real.

I haven't been doing much. I did a bike for like an hour, squat and lunge intervals for 30 minutes and then did the weight machines for an hour before coming to the pool and hot tub area.

My phone buzzed from the side of the hot tub, interrupting my thoughts.

Charlie 😋 wer r u
Me: *where *are *you 😒
Charlie 😋 u no what I meant
Me: *you *know
Charlie 😋 Jesus Mer, where are you at?
Me: hot tub
Charlie 😋 you couldn't have said that the first time?
Me: no. I thrive off the frustration of others.
Charlie 😋 damn u must b the strongest around Shawn then 😏
Me: I don't know what you're talking about
Charlie 😋 u kno, 👉🏼👌🏼🍆💦💑😏

I rolled my eyes at the text and put my phone down, completely over being in the hot tub. I walked into the locker room and grabbed the rest of my stuff before heading back to the hotel room. I didn't bother to change out of my swim suit because I was going to take a shower when I get back to my room  before the show tonight.