Thirty-one

"Are you guys almost there?" I asked Shawn over James' FaceTime.

"We'll be at you moms' house in about 10 minutes love." Shawn answered.

"Alright, mama knows you guys are on the way over there. James do you have everything you need?" I asked as the nurse walked into the room.

"I think I've got an entire Sephora with me so we should be good." He answered laughing slightly, which caused me to laugh. Which was a bad idea, my side began hurting around the incision. I sucked in my breath a little, hoping that they didn't notice.

"What was that? Do I need to come back?" Shawn asked looking over to the camera, of course he heard. The nurse redressed the wound and up my pain meds before leaving the room.

"James tell Shawn to stop worrying and to keep his eyes on the road." I said adjusting my bed so I was laying down a little more than I was.

"James tell Merci that I've been driving for a while and I can take my eyes off for a few seconds to make sure she's alright." James bit his lip to keep from laughing.

"I am not getting in the middle of this." He said taking a sip of his coffee.

"Whatever, I'm going to take a nap. Call me in like a hour?" I asked raising my eyebrow. James nodded and I hung the FaceTime up.

JamesCharles: I felt so honored to help sister Alison get ready for her 8th grade formal

JamesCharles: I felt so honored to help sister Alison get ready for her 8th grade formal. This family is honestly so chill and I would be honored to hang up with them again.

Tagged: mamaofsix, alipatrick04

"I can't believe I missed it." I said handing Shawn his phone back. "Stupid surgery, I should have been the one helping my sister he ready." I said grabbing my pillow from behind my head and smushing my face into it.

"There's nothing you could have done love," Shawn said grabbing my hand and rubbing circles around it with his thumb. There was knock at the door so I dropped the pillow to see who it was. If was just 'dining.'

I fake smiled as she laid my tray on the bedside table and left. I took the lid off and gagged. How do they call this food? I quickly put the lid back on and pushed the tray away.

"Can I leave yet? I want real food." I said laying back.

"You can't leave until tomorrow, babe." Shawn said, I groaned. "Do you want me to text Ally to bring you something?" He asked.

"No, she's got a Skype date tonight. I guess I could try to eat.....whatever this is." I said, shuddering at the thought.

A few minutes later, mama walked through the door with a bag from home. It was probably my clothes for tomorrow.

"I smuggled you in some queso." She said grabbing the bag of chips and cheese out from under the pair of sweatpants. I grabbed them from her and popped open the lid on the queso.

"Why'd you have to smuggle it?" I asked, mouth full.

"Because you aren't supposed to have it, but I know how much you hate hospital food." She said sitting on the edge of my bed, Shawn was asleep in the chair beside my bed.

"Does he ever leave?" Mama asked, taking a chip for herself. I shook my head and continued to eat. "He's a keeper." I smiled and looked at him.

"Yeah he is."

"In sickness and in health." Mama said, laughing slightly.

"We're not married, or anywhere close to getting married." I said turning away from Shawn to look at her.

"Whatever you say dear." She said, raising an eyebrow. "I give it a year."

"Give what a year?" I asked, slightly amused.

"Don't you know I can see the future. Around April, he'll ask you to move in to him and you guys will find a cute little starter home. And then by June, you'll be engaged and married by December. And then I'll have grandkids by September of next year." She said, dancing a little. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Okay, Whatever you say." I said laughing at how ridiculous she sounds.

"She's not wrong." Mum said poking her head around the corner of the room.

"When did you get here?" I asked, slightly disappointed that I didn't have any more queso when I went to dip it again.

"It's time to switch off. I just got here. But mama is right, grandkids by next September. Married or not." Mum said winking and taking mamas place on the bed.

"You guys are crazy." I said, turning my head towards the tv.

"She's right, at least give us until next December before a grandkids dead line." Shawn said from his chair, not opening his eyes.

"I'm not having a kid anytime soon, sorry to break it to you guys." I said shrugging. They laughed and Shawn got up from the chair and walked into the bathroom.

Merbearsings2017: taking a quick break from my social media break to thank everyone that has been here for me and my family the past couple of weeks

Merbearsings2017: taking a quick break from my social media break to thank everyone that has been here for me and my family the past couple of weeks. For anyone who doesn't know, a couple days after New Years, my brother was hit by a drunk driver and has been in a coma since then. So about three weeks now. He fractured his spine which lead to an infection and swelling in his brain. He should be waking up and breathing on his own anyway now depending on how fast the swelling in his brain goes down. As for me, two nights ago my appendix ruptured and I had emergency surgery to have it and the toxins removed. I am doing fine now and I should be going home tomorrow. Please, however, continue to pray for my brother ❤️ goodnight loves.

I hate working morning shift. I got up at 4:30 this morning and have to do the same the next four days 😩😩😩 hope you enjoyed the update