Sixty

November 4th,2018

Bed rest sucks dick. There, I said it. I hate being baby sat, it's annoyingly gross.

"How much longer do I have to sit here?" Lino asked, flipping through the channels.

"As soon as Aaliyah gets here you're free to leave." Shawn said, on his way out the door. I rolled my eyes at him I waved him on his way.

"You could honestly leave now. He won't know." I said once I heard Shawn crank his car and leave. He's been in an out of the house all day, which I'm very thankful for because he's being extremely overprotective and it's getting on my last nerve.

"Nah, he's giving me money to stay the full time and said that if I left, he wouldn't give me anything." He said, finally settling on some stupid MTV show.

"Glad to know you're only here for the money Lino." I said, throwing one of my throw pillows at him.

"Where's Shawn keep running off to anyway?" He asked after gently bringing the pillow back and putting it under my feet.

"Your guess is as good as mine bro." I said. "Will you help me up?" I asked, hoping he would forget that I shouldn't get up for anything but the bathroom.

"Nope. What do you need?" He asked, pausing the tv.

"My ass is numb." I said scooting on the couch. "I just need to get up for a few minutes."

"Give me a second." He said holding a finger up and taking his phone out. He opened his contacts and I'm assuming he's calling Shawn.

"She said her ass is numb and she need to get up for a minute...gotcha...man that's gross I'm not telling her that." He the hung up the phone.

"He said that you can get up and walk to the bathroom and back, but that's it." He said walking over to me and helping me up off the couch.

"What else did he say?" I asked as he walked me into the kitchen, which was dumb because I'm literally an adult.

"He said that if you didn't stop complaining he won't do the thing he did last week again. He said you would know what that means."

"Huh, I'm so con.. oh never mind I got it." I said.

"You guys are nasty."

"You just better not understand any of this until you're 23."

"Mer I go to high school, public might I add, I'm pretty sure I understand how that got there. And I know it was not from a seed." He said pointing to my stomach. He helped me back down on the couch and I sighed.

"Fair enough." I said.

There was a knock at the door. Lino went to answer it.

"Aaliyah I'm so excited to see you!" He said squeezing her in a hug before running towards the stairs.

"Pregnant, bedridden sister right here!" I said. He paused and backed up

"Yeah, bye sis! See ya!" He continues, taking the stairs two at a time and then slamming guest door shut. Aaliyah came around and sat on the ground in front of me. She had a stupid grin on her face and she couldn't stop looking past me at the staircase.

"What are you-" I started to ask. "Wait a second, do you like my brother?" I asked her in a whisper.

"What? No." She said, turning red. "Why would you ask that?" She said her voice trailing off as I raised my eyebrow.

"Aww gross, you guys are practically like family now." I said pretending to gag.

"Yeah, but I had a crush on him before you and my brother started dating. We go to the same school you know." She admitted.