Fifty-two

August 1st, 2018

"Can I get a foot long on Italian bread with turkey, ham, bacon, cheddar cheese, provolone, and Swiss?" I asked the sub maker. "Toasted please." I smiled.

"That's a lot of cheese Mer," Shawn said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Let me live my life." I said moving down in the line.

"Toppings?" The next person asked.

"Take it easy, okay?" Shawn whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Can I get lettuce, double pickles, banana peppers, red peppers, olives, ranch, more pickles, mayo, Parmesan, tomatoes, and then more ranch and pickles on top." I asked, slowly making sure they got everything and in the right order.

"Mer I said take it easy." Shawn said as we walked down to pay for our subs.

"And I said let me live my life." I said taking my sub and chips from the lady and walking over to a table.

He finished paying for the food and walked over to the table.

"Alright what's on the list for today?" He asked, opening up his sub.

I grabbed my list out of my purse and unfolded it.

"We need to get paint, a new rod and shelves to finish the closet. Paint for the room. Need to buy a crib and changing table. And then I may beg a few wall and floor things." I said reading the list. He nodded and took a bite of his sub, which looked really good.

"And then I need to go get teeshirts made." I said, trying to sneak it in there.

"Teeshirts for what?"

I took out my phone and showed him the pictures in my Pinterest board.

"Don't you think that's a bit extra?"

"Don't you think twenty pairs of black jeans is a bit extra?"

"Fair enough."

————————-
"This one will look good if we go with grey walls." I said picking up a white tree decal for the wall. "Don't you think?" I asked turning to look at Shawn who was looking at the paint swatches.

"I thought we were going with purple?" He asked holding the purple swatches.

"Yeah but what if the next ones a boy? Then we'll have to repaint everything and that just seems like too much work." I said putting the tree back on the shelf.

"There's going to be a next one?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I would assume so. Unless you don't want more than one." I said crossing my arms.

"That wasn't what I was saying. We just haven't talked about it and I was shocked for a second. If it were up to me, we'd have twelve kids."

"Okay let me stop you there. Six is my limit." I said laughing.

"How about we compromise and do three grey and one purple. That way we only have one wall instead of four to change for the next one?"

"That sounds good to me." I said picking the tree back up and throwing it in the buggy.

——————————-
"Okay, heads for the black crib. Tails for the white crib." Shawn said taking a coin out of his pocket. Does picking a crib based on chance seem like a good idea, no. Are we going if anyway, yes.

"And it's, white." He said slightly happy. I pouted but nodded. He moved stuff around in the buggy to make room to put the crib in. He picked up the box, without effort I should add, and put it in.