Forty-Seven

June 23rd, 2018

"Like a river flows, surely to the see. Darling so it goes, something we're meant to be. Take my hand, take my whole life too. For I can't help falling in love with." I opened my eyes slightly to sing Shawn singing to the baby.

"This is a very nice sight to wake up to." I said sitting up a little.

"How long have you been awake?" He asked, looking up at me.

"Long enough." I said smiling and running my hand through his hair.

"We get to find out what we're having today." He said grinning ear to ear.

"I know. I hope it's what I think it is?" I said, placing my free hand on my stomach.

"And they would be?" He asked, trying to get my guess out of me.

"Aaliyah said not to tell anyone our guesses until with get to the party, that includes each other." I said laughing. "Okay, I need you to get off of me so I can pee." I said, waiting for him to sit up so I could go to the bathroom.

—————-
"Can I get chocolate chip pancakes with blueberry syrup?" I asked the waitress handing me the menu. Shawn looked at me with a raised eyebrow and I sighed. "And a bowl of sugar free healthy depressing oatmeal." The older waitress laughed at my disappointment.

"You'll thank him later sweetheart, trust me." She said writing our order down and walking away.

"I got blueberry syrup, that's healthy." I said, trying to justify want the tiny human inside of me wanted.

"Not when you pair it with chocolate chip pancakes love." Shawn said reaching across the table to hold my hand.

"It's what you're child wants, not me. I hate blueberries in anything other than pie." I said, placing my other hand on my stomach out of habit.

"Leave him alone. He's perfect." Shawn said.

"And now I know your guess. Don't think you're going to get mine out of me before the party." I said looking up from my phone at him.

"This is bull, I just want to know what you think our baby is." He said, rubbing my hand with his thumb. I glared at him. I leaned up across the table slightly.

"Just because I am extremely hormonal right now and that usually works, I can and will keep my guess a secret until the party. And there's not one thing you could do to make me say otherwise." I whispered to him.

"Not even a foot rub?" He asked as I sat back down. I shook my head.

"Back massage?" I shook my head.

"Bubble bath?" I looked up at him because it was very tempting, but then quickly shook my head.

"Can't you just wait until noon, you impatient ass." I said biting my lip.
—————————
"Aaliyah you really outdid yourself." I said walking over to her and hugging her.

"Anything for my niece or nephew." She said smiling.

"Okay so I've got my tie for boy, are you putting on a hat clip or a tie clip?" Shawn asked walking over to me with both options in hand.

"You really are something else aren't you?" I said laughing and taking the witches hat from his hand.

"I knew it. I just hope you don't get too upset when you're wrong." He said pinning the hat to my shirt and kissing my forehead.

"Who said I was going to be wrong?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

I continued to mingle with family for a while.