Fifty-three

August 7th, 2018

"Alright. So here the deal. It seems that we got your due date wrong the first time, but that always ends up happening." Dr. Warren said looking at the monitor.

"Well what's the new due date?" Shawn asked.

"I want to put her at 23 weeks, which means your due date would be a week earlier than what we previously thought."

"And that's why I'm extremely fat?" I asked.

"You're not fat." Both the doctor and Shawn said.

We left the doctor office and made our way back home.

"So we've got dinner with your parents tonight, are you still 100 percent absolutely sure you don't want to do anything for your birthday?" I asked turning the radio down.

"Yes Mer. I don't want to do anything but stay in bed all day and watch movies with my two favorite girls." He said grabbing my hand and kissing it.

—————————-
"How'd everything go at the doctor today?" Shawn's mom asked as we sat down at the table.

"It turns out I'm not farther along and I'm just extremely fat." I said looking at the salad options.

"You're not fat." All four of them said at the same time, no tone on their voice. I looked up front the menu at them wide eyed.

"And they did said the due date was a week earlier than what they first thought." Shawn said actually answering his mom's question.

"Maybe she'll stay in long enough and be a Christmas baby." Aaliyah said. I looked at her and then back at my menu.

"Maybe she'll only stay in as long as she needs to." I said under my breath.

"Have you finished the nursery yet?" Shawn's dad asked.

"Not yet, we've got it painted and everything put together, we've just got to put it all where we want it." He answered.

"Well you've still got a few months to get it settled."

"How about birthing classes, have you signed up yet?" Karen asked.

"I've looked at some but none of them fit Shawn's
schedule." I put the menu down and sat back in the booth, resting my hands on my stomach.

"Shawn Peter, I feel like you could take one day off of your schedule to go with you pregnant fiancé to a birthing class. Unless you want Ally or someone else in the room when she's giving birth?" Karen said, scolding him.

"Ally does not need to do anything else, I'll call Andrew tomorrow and see if I can work something out." Shawn said twiddling his thumbs.

Merbearsings17: is this the result of a birthday dinner or am I having a giant baby?

View more comments

Username: both? (Btw you look stunning)

Jamescharles: so ready to meet the newest sister! Can't wait to buy her her first pallet 💝

Abcds_nutz: YASS BISSH! We stan a pregnant queen! Look at her. Killing it!

Allycat21: lets be real... it's a giant baby. Your baby daddy is literally 6'2. So this baby is going to be like 25 inches long. Start doing your pregnant exercises to prepare for that😂
>>>merbearsings17: now I have to worry about actually having a giant baby....I hadn't actually thought about it until now.

I had my alarm set for 7, I knew Shawn wouldn't wake up before then. I grabbed my robe and walked down the stairs to make him a birthday breakfast.

I loaded everything up on a tray and carried it up the stairs, quietly opening the bedroom door to make sure not to wake him up yet.

Well that didn't work because he was already awake and sitting up in the bed. I frowned slightly because I didn't get to wake him up.

"Happy birthday babe." I said handing him the tray and sitting down in front of him.

"Mer, you didn't have to do this." He said smiling.

"I know. I wanted to though. And-" I said standing up and walking over to the bottom of the bed. I bent over and picked up the bin sitting there. "I've got all the marvel movies. Organized in order chronologically."

"Even infinity war?" He asked, eating a piece of his bacon. "It's not on dvd yet."

"I have connections." I said smirking. I grabbed the first captain america movie out of the bin and walking over to the tv.

"This is your last chance to change your mind about what we do today. Are you sure this is what you want?" I asked grabbing the remote off the tv stand. He nodded and I walked back over to the bed.

I sat down beside Shawn and stole bites from his plate as we watched the movie. When he was done eating, he moved the tray and pulled my closer to him.

"I couldn't ask for anything better than this." He said kissing the top of my head.

Merbearsings17: I just want to take a minute to wish this beautiful man right here a happy 20th birthday

Merbearsings17: I just want to take a minute to wish this beautiful man right here a happy 20th birthday. Thank for so much love for being my rock when I need it and for also being comic relief. I can't wait to see what the rest of our lives together hold. Two birthdays together down, dozens more to go. I love you so much ♥️

View more comments

Niallhoran: happy birthday mate

Charlieputh: so I couldn't be there bro ☹️ happy birthday man

Username: this is literally the cutest picture ever ♥️

Allycat21: happy birdjay Shawn
>>>>username1: birdjay?

"You're going to hate me, but I actually did get you a birthday present." I said grabbing the bag out from under the bed after putting in Age of Ultron.

"Babe I told you not to get me anything." He said.

"I don't listen." I said sitting back on the bed and handing him the bag. It wasn't really something special, more of a joke than anything.

He took out he tissue paper and looked at me.

"Really?" he asked, pulling the pair of blue jeans out of the bag.

I shrugged and laughed.

Sorry this one is so short, but 🤷🏼‍♀️ it's my life