Twenty-nine

Mama: they've reduced the medicines that are keeping him under. We are just waiting for him to wake up on his own now.
Me: do we know how long that's going to be?
Mama: could be hours, could be weeks. These things are unpredictable.
Me: seriously 🙄 I wish they would give us straight answers
Me: did you still want me to come get Aimee?
Mama: yes please, she's been asking for you since you left for California.
Me: alright, I'll be there in an hour or so.

I put my phone down and walked over to my dresser, sliding a pair of sweatpants on over my sleep shorts and throwing on a hoodie. I grabbed my phone and turned the light off, walking into the living room to slide my Ugg's on and grab my keys.

me: I'm going to pick up my sister and done groceries. I should be back in less that two hours.
Lovey ❤️ alright. Be safe. I love you
Lovey ❤️ and thank you for checking in. I know how much you hate it
Lovey ❤️ we just want what's best for you
Me: I know. I love you too.

I put my phone in the passenger seat and cranked the car, waiting for it to warm up a little before driving to moms house.

"Sissy!" Aimee yelled running down the stairs as I walked through the door. She barely gave me enough time to react before she jumped into my arms. "Inna go to you house." She said squishing my cheeks together. I laughed at her and took her bag from mama.

"Call me when you find out more." I said walking out the door, Aimee attached to my hip.

Me: do you need anything from the store? Leaving moms now.
Lovey ❤️ just for you to get home safely

"Sissy. Can we make cookies?" Aimee asked grabbing cookie dough off of the shelf.

"Not tonight. I've got sweets at my house." I said picking her up and putting her in the cart so she woke stop messing.

"Is Sawn at yous house?" She asked playing with my phone.

"He might come over if you ask him nicely." I said grabbing some eggs. She cheered and continued to play the game I downloaded for her.

"You're total is $137.88." The cashier said.

"Wow sissy, thas a lot." Aimee said taking my card for me and handing it to the cashier. I laughed and took my card back from her, loading the bags into the cart and leaving the store.

"Can I call Sawns face?" Aimee asked as I buckled her in. I looked at her confused. "You know. On yous phone." She said shrugging. FaceTime? I took my phone out of my pocket and called him, handing her the phone and and getting in the front seat.

"Hi Sawn!...... Hi Aimes, how are you?....Is good, umm...are you gunna be at sissys house?......I'm sure I can make time to come over....... really? Yay!" I guess she got so excited that she hung up because it got quiet after that.

Shawnmendes how is it the Mer's sister convinced us to make cookies and she's the only one not covered in dough?

View more comments

Shercistan How is Mer doing?
Allycat21 you guys are making cookies without me? 😢
Mamaofsix She is a manipulative one, she's going to be CEO of a Fortune 500 company one day
Charlieputh save me some cookies man

"Okay little miss, it's time for a bath." I said walking back from the bathroom after taking my own. I don't know how I let her convince me to make cookies.

"Can I bring my cookies?" She asked with a mouth full. I shook my head at her and she pouted, laying them back on the plate. She hopped down from the counter and followed me into the back.

"I'll be back." Shawn said kissing my forehead and running to his apartment to take a shower.

I bent down in front of the bathtub to turn the water on for Aimee when I noticed the pain in my side. It wasn't strong enough for me to pay any mind to though, I probably just pulled a muscle.

"Okay little monkey, get in here." I said poking my head out of the bathroom door to see her sitting in my bed wrapped in a towel. She giggled and ran into the bathroom. She dropped her towel and nearly jumped into the tub, managing to splash me.

"Please don't do that." I said picking up a cup and wetting her hair.

"I sowy sissy." She said playing with her toy boat.

The pain in my side came back, this time a little stronger. I let in a sharp breath, hoping that Aimee didn't notice. She didn't.

"Okay. Time to get out." I said standing back up, ignoring the pain in my side, and holding the towel open for her. She stepped out and I wrapped the towel around her, reaching to take the stopper out of the tub.

"Can I wear my spyaman pjs?" She asked as I turned on the light in her room.

"I guess you can." I said grabbing her spider man onsie out of her drawer that she has here.

She put on her pull-up and then grabbed the onsie from me, only needing me to zip it up for her. I heard the door close from the living room and sighed.

"I think Shawn's back. Why don't you see if he'll put a movie on for you?" I asked tickling her.

"Otay!" She said giggling and running back into the living room.

I used the edge of the trundle bed and pulled my self up, walking back into my bathroom looking for any kind of pain medication. I grabbed three in my hand and walked to the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water off the counter and taking the medicine.

I walked over and sat on the couch, grabbing a pillow to push up against my side. Shawn looked at me concerned for a second so I smiled and laid my head against my hand that was propped on the arm rest.

"Sissy. Do yous like spyaman?" Aimee asked crawling over to me and poking my cheek.

"I do like spider man." I said smiling.

"Good. That's what wes watching." She said, crawling back down to Shawn's end of the couch.

As the night went on, the pain in my side only grew stronger, almost to the point where it was unbearable.

"I think I'm going to go to bed." I said moving the pillow from my lap and going to stand up. Aimee was already fast asleep on Shawn's lap. He nodded, turning his attention back to the tv.

I got about halfway between the living room and my room when I got light headed. The next thing I know the white shag carpet was rubbed up against my cheek and my eyes pooled over in a wave of black, sending me out of consciousness.

So this one is a little shorter 🤷🏼‍♀️ soz not soz!