Thirteen

@merbearsings17 I want to be the first to personally thank @shawnmendes for giving me the flu 😷 buuuut, you guys have a great show in store for you tonight. I'll be sitting this one out 😭

I would be 100% fine with performing today had I not lost 90% of my voice. So here I am, sitting on a stool right beside the entrance to the stage. I figured tonight would be as good as any to FaceTime Shawn's sister so she could see him performing.

"I still don't see how you're dating him." She said.

"That's because he's your brother. If my brother was dating, I wouldn't believe it either." I said, very hoarsely.

"If you guys weren't dating, you wouldn't have gotten sick." She said wiggling her eyebrows.

"I would have gotten sick regardless, we're together all day in hotels or on the bus." I said, my throat starting to hurt worse the more I talked.

"Mhm." She said pursing her lips at the camera.

Charlie came up behind me and waved at Aaliyah before running on stage. I turned the camera around so she could see him in stage. Shawn came up behind me and placed his head on top of mine,wrapping his arms around my waist. We never really talked about the girlfriend thing that I let slip the other day, but I don't think we need to. I just think we just have a mutual feeling understanding. At least, I hope we do.

"I miss her," he whispered in my ear.

"Henri turns 5 months old today, he can sit up now and I'm missing it." I said, my voice cracking, it almost being gone.

"Have we really only known each other for three months?" He asked, sounding surprised. I was too, it felt like forever. I nodded my head, not trusting whatever little voice I had left.

He left about two songs into Charlie's set to finishing getting ready to go on stage. I really miss not being out there. And I hate that both of them had to change their sets because I couldn't sing the duets with them. But at least they still get to perform, besides, that's who the people are paying to see anyway.

Charlie came running off stage covered in sweat. He walked right up to be giving me a giant hug, knowing how much I hate it. He continued walking to the dressing room, probably to take a shower and change.

Shawn kissed my forehead before running on stage. Aaliyah's face lit up when she saw her brother performing. It made me miss my brothers and sisters so much.

As I began thinking more about them, I began drowning out the sounds around me. I was basically in a trance.

The warmth of Shawn's arms wrapped around my shoulders pulled me out of my trance. I didn't even realize that the show was over.

"Are you alright?" He asked grabbing my face gently in his hands, looking into my eyes. I forced a smile and nodded.

"You don't have to lie to me, it's okay not to be okay sometimes." He said wiping tears, that I didn't even realize had escaped, from cheeks.

I sighed and shook my head, sinking into his arms. He pulled me in tighter sensing that I needed it. It was only then that I noticed that even though I was wearing a tee shirt and gym shorts, I was sweating. I probably had a fever. Damn flu.

"Are you okay to walk?" I nodded my head, and went to stand up. As soon as I did all the blood rushed to my head, only then did I realize the splitting pain in my head. Probably a migraine.

If Shawn wouldn't have been there, I would have fallen. He took his left arm and placed it under my legs, swooping me up into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder.