Fifty- Eight

October 8th, 2018

"Please tell me you made Pumpkin Pie." I said walking into the kitchen at moms house.

"Shouldn't you be sitting down somewhere?" Mum asked, putting something in the oven.

"Oh come on!" I complained. "Let me do something."

"Why don't you go see if the little ones are ready?" Mama asked. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the kitchen. I made my way down the hall and knocked on Aimee's door frame. She turned around and looked at me.

"Sissy!" She yelled, rubbing over to me and hugging my legs.

"Do you need any help getting ready?" I asked her.

"Sure." She said walking over to her closer and grabbing the dress that was hanging on the handle. "Do you like my dress?"

"It's very pretty Aimes." I said taking it off the hanger and unbuttoning the back. "Do you think I can have it when you're done with it?" I asked holding the top open so she could put her arms in it.

"No silly." She said laughing.

"Why's that silly?"

"Because it's for kids." She said laughing.

"I'm a kid." I said buttoning the back up for her.

"No you not. Kids live with other kids at home." She said, playing with her dolls hair.

"If I'm not a kid, what a I?" I asked grabbing the stuff to do her hair.

"Hmmm. Yous a grownup!"

"I am? What makes me a grownup?" I asked brushing out her hair.

"Yous lives wifs Shawn, and you belly is a big circle. And yous bigger than me!"

"So because my belly is a big circle and I live with
Shawn, I'm a grown up?" I asked braiding her hair.

"Yeah!"

"You make no sense at all." I said. I finished her hair after answering about a million more questions and left her to play.

I walked back out to where everyone else was and sat on the couch.

"Everything Alright Mer?" Mum called from the kitchen.

"You guys set me up. You could've warned me that she was going to ask questions the entire time." I said turning around in the couch so I could see into the kitchen.

"Sorry." They said, even though I knew they weren't. "But in our defense you could've went to get Henri or Josie. You're the one who picked to help Aimee." Mama said, stirring something.

"I didn't want to have to change diapers." I said laying my head on the back of the couch. "Did you see where Shawn went?" I asked.

"To change diapers." He said walking into the room Carrying Henri in one arm and Josie in the other. He put the kids on the ground and sat if the floor with them.

"Shawn you didn't have to do that." Mum said.

"I wanted to. I need practice." He said picking up a car and playing with Henri. Josephine crawled over to me and I picked her up, sitting her on my lap.

"I can't believe you're already one." I said, she laughed and reached for my phone that was sitting in the couch beside me. I rolled my eyes and opened up YouTube, knowing she probably wanted to hear the dumb baby shark song.

"Yeah, remember when you performed the entirety of high school musical on the bus." Shawn said, not really paying attention to much.

"Nope. Don't know what you're talking about." I said lying.