Eleven

Shawn's POV

I woke up when the plane hit a little turbulence. It was still dark outside so I figures I hadn't been asleep long. Merci had her head on my shoulder and one arm draped across my lap while the other was wrapped around mine. She was curled up in her seat watching what looked like Prisoner Of Azkaban. I couldn't tell if she was asleep or not, but I didn't want to move in case she was. She stretched her legs and tightened her grip around my arm which led me to believe she was asleep. I grabbed the blanket from the back of her chair and draped it across her legs because I could feel her slightly shivering. I looked at my watch and saw that it was almost 6am.

Had we only been on the plane for 3 hours?

"Bro, are you awake?" I heard Charlie whisper from the seat beside me.

"Yeah."

"What about Mer?"

"No. Be quite so you don't wake her." I said subconsciously drawing circles in her hand with my free one.

"Dude, you're so whipped." Charlie said laughing.

"What? No, we're just friends." I said staring at the movie. Just saying the words make my heart sink a little. 

"So we're Ron and Hermione, you know how that worked out. Why don't you take her on a real date. Not just for the cameras."

"I don't know man." I said shrugging, trying not to wake Mer.

"Listen, everything would be EXACTLY like it is now, except not fake. What's the worst thing that could happen?" He did have a good point.

"I guess you're right."

——————————————

The loud banging on the hotel door woke me up from my "nap" on the couch. I got up and walked over to the door, unlocking the bolt and opening the door.

Merci was standing in a blue silk robe and her hair was up on her head in rollers. She had one of those peal off charcoal masks on her face, but she looked perfect.

"Is there a reason you're banging on the door at 2 in the morning?" I asked scratching the back of my neck. She walked in and slammed the door. I couldn't tell if she was pissed or excited. She tossed her phone at me, luckily I caught it at the last second or she would have had to buy a new one.

"Read!" She said throwing herself on the floor dramatically.

"Up and coming future music princess, Merci Patrick, seems to have a little secret. In the the pictures provided, things get a little heated between her and fellow Canadian Shawn Mendes. But, an anonymous source says that the Merci may be playing a part. Photos from her birthday party show her, and Little Mix's Perrie Edwards get a little too close. Is our perfect princess and undercover queen? Leave comments as to what you think."

Okay so she's mad. This could get ugly.

"First of all, who the fuck told them they could call me a princess. Second of all, I am very much straight. Although Perrie is on my list, but that's beside the point. They had no god given right to publish this story. It's defamation to my character. And how did they get the pictures from my birthday party anyway, no one knew about it? And I'm not dumb enough to have them stored in the cloud after what happened to Jennifer Lawrence's nudes. What do I do? My moms can't see those pictures, I was drunk. Oh god what if the twins see them. I'm supposed to be a role model, they can't look up to someone who has a giant bottle of alcohol in one hand and some other girls boob in the other. This is bad. Real bad, really really really bad. I have no idea what to do. Oh god, I'm never going to live thi-" I didn't the only logical thing I could do at the moment. I kissed her, despite getting her face mask all over my own.

"Breathe."  I said after she relaxed and I pulled away. She nodded and took a deep breath.

"Listen it's still only 10am back home, give your moms a call and explain to them what happened, chances are they haven't even seen the pictures yet."

"You're right. I'll FaceTime them" she said taking her phone back from me hand calling them.

She walked over to the couch and sat down on it. I don't know how Charlie was able to sleep through all of that but there he was, sound asleep on the only bed in this room. I grabbed on of the complementary plastic cups and filled it with water from the sink.

I walked over and sat crisscross in front in Mer, taking small sips of my drink.

"I know I should have told you sooner, but I didn't think anyone would ever see the pictures.....no moms, I'm not sleeping with him........yes mom......no I don't need to get tested for herpes or whatever."

I laughed at that one.

" I love you too......no I don't need to be put back on birth control.....oh my god you guys are ridiculous.....yes I still love you anyway.....he's right here, why?"

She took her headphone out and handed me the phone.

"Listen here Mendes, we know where you are at all times, if you even hurt one hair on our little girls head so help me god you'll wish you never even met her." I nodded my head and the hung up the phone.

"Well I should get going, do you want to join me?" Mer asked standing up from the couch. I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"What?" I asked, my voice cracking at the end.

"That couch can't be comfortable, and my room has a king size bed. Plus its cold in there and I can't figure out how to turn the air off."

"Oh okay. Yeah, let me just grab my phone."

We walked across the hall into her room and she walked straight into the bathroom to take her face mask off and to wrap her rollers in a scarf for the night.

She walked back out, now dressed in a one direction tee shirt and a pair of pajama pants.

"I didn't peg you a boy band type of person." I said as she pulled the covers back on her side of the bed climbed in.

"Are you judging me? Because listen, one direction is a great band."

"Was?"

"No, you heard me right. Is." She said scooting closer to me.

As I was drifting back to sleep, Merci rolled over and wrapped her arm around my waist. I followed by draping my arm across her body and pulling her close.

"By the way." She said in barely a whisper.

"I heard you a Charlie talking on the plane this morning."

————————/-

Whooo! College is so fun guys( extreme sarcasms)