Fifty-One

July 28th,2018

"Happy birthday my love." I opened one eye and saw Shawn squatting down beside the bed looking at me. "Are you feeling any better?" He asked pushing the hair out of my face. I shook my head.

"Not really." I said, my voice distorted from sinuses.

"Do we need to cancel tonight?" He asked, worry laced through his face.

"No. We already put in the reservation." I said, reaching for a tissue on my nightstand.

"Okay. Do you want to try the vaporizer again?" I nodded. He stood up and walked into the bathroom.

He came back and plugged  the vaporizer in and sat it on the nightstand. I sat up slightly so I could reach it.

Being pregnant and sick sucks. I can't take any kind of medicine cause it's hurt the baby, so I'm reduced to all home remedies.

The door bell rang and Shawn said walked out of the room, presumably to go and answer the door.

I turned the machine off and slowly stood up out of the bed. I walked into the bathroom and washed my face with cold water so I could look semi human.

"Your family's down stairs." Shawn said popping his head in. I nodded.

"I'll be down in a second." I said drying my face off.

I turned the sink off and walked out of the room. I made my way down the stairs and into the living room.

"Happy birthday." The all said in unison, which caused me to wince.

"I told them not to be loud." Shawn said glaring at Lino, who had been the loudest.

"What's wrong?" Mum asked, walking over to me and feeling my forehead.

"I've got a cold." I said, coughing afterwards. "It's nothing, I'm fine." I walked over and sat down on the edge of the couch.

"Well we were going to take you out for breakfast but if you're not feeli-" mama started.

"No I'm good. Give me five minutes to change." I said interrupting her. I stood up off the couch and started to walk back over to the stairs, before Shawn stopped me.

"Let me go grab you something to wear so you don't have to walk back upstairs." And he ran up the stairs.

He came back down with a pair of jeans and a pink teeshirt, at least it matches. I walked into the guest bedroom and changed out of my pajamas and into the clothes.

I wet my hair and pulled it up into a ponytail.

Merbearsings17: birthday breakfast with the family 💝 (also, we've reached the halfway mark)

"So how's it feel to be 19?" Lino asked as the waitress brought out our drinks.