Fifty

Hold on boys, this ones going to be a long one.

"It's not what it looks like." They yelled at the same time.

"Really. The two of you lying to both me and Niall about where you are. And then sneaking around, together. And then showing up to our house, knowing I shouldn't be home for another two hours. It seems pretty damn suspicious to me." My voice raising ever so slightly.

"It's really not what it looks like." Ally said, stepping out from around Shawn and placing and her hand on my shoulder. I brushed her hand off my shoulder and stepped back.

"Then just tell what you guys were doing." I said looking over her shoulder to Shawn.

"I can't," he said, dropping his head. "Not yet at least."

"What does that even mean Shawn?" I yelled, throwing my hands up in frustration. Neither of them said anything.

"Whatever. You guys can have the house for whatever it was that you wanted it for. I'm leaving." I said, kicking the chair over and walking through the kitchen.

"Mer, wait." Shawn called after me. I stopped halfway between the kitchen and the garage. I stood there and waited for him to say something, but I got nothing but silence. I sighed.

"Figure out whatever lie you need to make up for this and let me know. I'm going to my moms'." I turned and continued walking towards my car.

"Just be careful." He said quietly, I turned back one last time to look at him before getting in my car and leaving.

——————————
"I'm not overreacting mama." I said crying into the pillow on the couch.

"You're birthday is in like 9 days, they may have been doing something for that." Mum said rubbing my back.

"They would have just told me instead of lying to me and Niall about where they were." I reasoned.

"Did you give them a chance to explain?" Mama asked. I looked up at her and rolled my eyes.

"Why are you trying to blame me for this?" I asked. "Of course I gave them time to explain and they couldn't come up with anything."

"They're probably doing each other." I said, slumping into the couch and squeezing the pillow. Moms exchanged a glance.

"What's that look for?" I asked looking between them.

"Nothing." They said all too quickly.

"You guys know something do you?" They exchanged a glance again.

"Know something about what sweetheart?" Mama asked.

"Why Ally and Shawn are sneaking around."

"Of course not love." They lied.

"Why is everyone lying to me today?" I asked, standing up and walking into the kitchen. I grabbed a spoon out of the drawer and opened the freezer to get the tub of ice cream. I popped the lid off and dig into it.

"Honey, you're supposed to be watching your sugar." Mum said trying to take the ice cream from me.

"Maybe that's another lie. Maybe he just doesn't want me to get fat." I said taking another giant bite.

"Maybe I've already gotten too fat for him and that's why he's sneaking around with Ally." I said waving the spoon around in the air.

"Merci Giovanna, you are not fat, you're pregnant. Nor do I think that Shawn is shallow enough to do that to." Mama said, finally managing to take the ice cream from me.