Four

Merci

The pounding in my heart as I'm up to bat is the best feeling in the world. I don't think there is anything that can compare to it. This was the last inning and our team was three behind. If I were to get a homerun, because the bases are loaded, we could win this.

My eyes locked on the McDonald's sign on the other side of the outfield, that's where I was aiming. As soon as the ball left the pitchers, my friend Jo's mom, left the glove my body was ready to sent it flying the other direction.

Time seemed to stop as the ball collided with the bat. It went flying over the outfield and kept going. Before I ever knew what was happening I was halfway to second base. Jo and my cousin Emily had already made it home. Veronica was inches from home plate and I touched third base. I looked back quickly and saw that they were quickly catching up to us with the ball. My heart raced as I took off towards home plate. I was inches away when I heard the ball flying by. The catcher missed and I slid into home so I could get there before she could tag me out. My uncle John, the umpire, called me safe.

"That was amazing! Did you see how far that ball went! Holy crap you're great at this!" Shawn said walking up to me after the game. I laughed and ruffled his hair.

"Thanks young one. 'Tis a gift I've been working on since I was a small bean." I said bowing.

"Oh this is going to be one fun year." He said and threw his arm around my shoulder.

"Hey, I haven't said yes yet." I said turning my head to look at him.

"You see this dimple, you can't say no to it." He said pointing to his face.

"We'll see Mendes." I said rolling my eyes. We got to my car and I popped open my trunk to put my bag in it. I took off my cleats and replaced them with a pair of sandals before closing my trunk.

"Woah, you're in Gryffindor?" Shawn asked looking at the sticker on my back window.

"Yeah, why?" I asked flipping my hair over and putting it into a high pony.

"I pegged you more as a Hufflepuff." He said shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Don't know if I should take that as an insult or a compliment." I said opening my door. Shawn walked around to the passenger side of the car and got in.

"You can pull up my pottermore account if you would like." I said handing him my phone.

"No I believe you." He said, smiling.

"Then why are you still on my phone Mendes?" I said putting my arm on the back of his seat so I could back out of the parking spot.

"No reason." He said, holding in a laugh.

"You're unbelievable." I said laughing.

"Why, thank you."

------------------------

"Sign here, here and here. And initial this, this, and this." The man said placing papers in front of mum. Yes I did decide to go on tour. My moms told me I would be stupid not to, because it was such a great opportunity.

"Great! Now let's go eat to celebrate!" Charlie's manager said. All of us were going out to a fancy restaurant with the families, and yes I was dressed slightly provocative, but do you blame me? Small bus plus two hot guys equals happy me. Plus my moms are still convinced I'm a lesbian, so what they don't know won't hurt them. It's a win win situation really.

"Wait, I want to get a picture of all three of them for the website."  Lilly my manager said.

The three of us nodded before walking over to the wall and getting together. I was in the middle with Charlie on my left and Shawn on my right. I wrapped my arms around their waists while they wrapped theirs around mine.

"The three of you look so good together." My mum said.

"That's not something you hear your parent say everyday." I muttered between the smile. Charlie and Shawn both started laughing which cause me to laugh.

"Did I miss something?" Karen asked.

"No, not at all." Shawn said, laughing harder.

"Okay, let's get these three to the restaurant before they end up in ceiling." Mama said.

-------------------

Today is the day. Right now I am loading my last suit case in the back of my mums car.

"I can't believe my baby is leaving to go on a world tour." Mama said pulling me into her chest and almost smothering me.

"Alright that's enough love, I need to get her to the airport in time and you need to go feed Henri." Mum said pulling mama off of me.

"Alright," she said wiping her eyes." But you better call me as soon as you land in LA." She said giving me one last hug before going inside.

I smiled at our house as we pulled away from it. This would be the last time for a while that I would get to see it.

I was sad to leave home but the overwhelming feeling of excitement of going on a world tour took the sadness away. The next chapter of my life begins in just a few short hours.

Wo, an update!

5/31/17